Published: 25th October 2022
Closing Date: 24th November 2022
Who we are
We operate Kaufland.de: Several thousand sellers and millions of products make us one of the fastest growing online marketplaces. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the power of a big corporate group. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether it’s from an intern: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt // Düsseldorf while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely (Germany). We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of about 250 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland.de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: https://kaufland-ecommerce.com/en/team/tech/ .
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- You independently investigate and visualize cloud and infrastructure costs and collaborate on data-driven spending decisions
- You generate an overview of our cloud and infrastructure costs in one place to connect GMV and the decisions made by teams to cost
- You enable our engineering teams to make informed decisions by creating dynamic dashboards as well as ad-hoc static data analysis
- You invest time to understand our business, derive ideas for optimization and business development and help make our Infrastructure more cost-effective
- You help benchmark our business models against competitors, evaluate strategic directions and identify business opportunities
- You showcase and promote FinOps practices related to analysis and visualizations internally
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You already gathered solid work experience in the field of Data Analytics in a tech focussed environment
- You have good knowledge of SQL and Data Warehouses (ideally Google BigQuery) as well as Infrastructure monitoring and logging software (ideally Datadog)
- You are experienced in data analysis and visualization methods and software (ideally Tableau)
- You have experience in programming languages such as Python or R
- You have experience in cost analysis, or worked in cost-related analysis projects before
- You enjoy working independently and have experience in collaborating with different stakeholders
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, English-speaking team
What we offer
- Create your own work-life! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- The future is digital – Develop the e-commerce of the future with us and work on a product with millions of users with a broadly-based technology stack
- Power meets dynamic – flat hierarchies and start-up mentality meet the power of a big corporate group and offers you an agile and secure working environment at the same time
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Personal & team growth: We love to have flexibility in terms of working location, but we also believe that personal interactions are important. That’s why we organize company events, and cover the costs to bring you there and to other (approved) get togethers with your peers. The same applies to conferences and other learning opportunities. We want everybody to grow personally and professionally, as a team and as a company.
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Check out our Principles & our blog for even more insights into our company culture!
Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).
Why are you the perfect fit for this position?
Don’t bother with cover letters – we’re interested in facts and figures!
As we have very international teams, we would highly appreciate it to receive your CV or profile link in English.
Your contact person: Sandra Camara
Kaufland e-commerce Services GmbH
We are looking forward to your application!
- Company: Kaufland e-commerce
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None