FinOps Consultant, EMEA – German speaking
Published: 13th June 2022
Closing Date: 13th July 2022
As an organization, Apptio has a very strong culture; it is open, transparent, and very customer focused. Leaders in the organization consistently showcase the following key attributes and look to build teams that embrace these qualities every day:
- Growth Mindset
- Dealing with ambiguity and change
- Take ownership and has accountability
- Foster an inclusive environment
Apptio’s FinOps Consultants play a very dynamic role. It requires someone who can speak at a technology, business, and financial level to fluently act as the customer’s expert guide to managing their cloud spending. You’ll join Apptio’s Cloudability Professional Services team, a tight knit group of cloud financial (FinOps) experts obsessed with helping customers to achieve their cloud financial goals.
In a typical day, you’ll be working with FinOps Practice Management customers as you lead them through discovery engagements to clearly understand the customer’s defined objectives and participate in the delivery of meeting those objectives. You’ll be asked to dive a layer deeper into specific groups (Lines of Business, Finance, Technology) to understand each group’s needs and responsibilities against the overall company objectives. You will synthesize a future state that will allow the customer to be successful. You will identify gaps that the customer may have that would prevent them from achieving that success and then build plan to close those gaps. Working closely with FinOps Principals, you will document and present your findings with the customer and encourage open productive discussion.
For an existing customer you will be executing the plan created specifically for that customer while also responding to requests from the customer and changes to the customer’s objectives. As their business changes, we need to recalculate our path to their success. You will interact regularly with the customer’s team and even take action to make changes to the customer’s cloud account to execute your recommendations. You will setup and configure the Apptio Cloudability platform to align to the needs assessed for your customers engaging with Cloudability Professional Services as part of the delivery team.
- Oversee the adoption and implementation of the Apptio’s Cloudability platform for customers
- Work closely with new customers to guide them through the Professional Services Practice Management and Advisory services Discovery, Planning, and Execution process
- Assess a customer’s FinOps / Cloud Financial Management Maturity and make strategic recommendations on how to accelerate their program
- Analyze customer business objectives and use the Apptio Cloudability platform to build insightful reporting and dashboards
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to help customers ensure they are making the most cost-efficient choices
- Perform analysis, create decks and present regular operational reviews to customer leadership
- Collaborate with an internal global team to grow a strategically important part of the Apptio business
- Partner with other Apptio domain experts to bring together the collective suite of Apptio products to generate insights across customers total IT spend
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist the Support team in resolving issues
- Be the voice of the customer, champion and advocate for customer requirements with our Product and Engineering teams
- Contribute educational content, blog posts, and tutorials to help customers derive more value from Apptio Cloudability
Experience & Education:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Finance or equivalent
- Proven experience in business analysis, consulting, customer success or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated public cloud knowledge and experience (AWS, Azure, GCP): AWS Cloud Practitioner certification or equivalent knowledge
- Fluent in English. Additional fluency in Spanish or Italian is advantageous.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification or higher (or equivalent knowledge)
- Strong scripting or data science experience via Python, BASH, SQL, R, etc.
- FinOps Practitioner, Cloud Financial Management or equivalent Certifications
- Additional European Languages preferred
- Skilled at building relationships with customers and co-workers
- Thrive in a start-up culture with minimal oversight always looking for opportunities to innovate on behalf of our customers
- Proven track record of developing frameworks to solve ambiguous problems and leveraging data to derive insights that lead to actionable recommendations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts
Location & Travel
- Based in London
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
**Apptio benefits include private medical and dental care, life assurance, income protection and a generous pension contribution. We also offer 25 days annual leave and other soft benefits.
- Company: Apptio
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner