The FinOps Foundation is a program of The Linux Foundation that includes 12,000+ individual members, representing more than 1500 companies. You’ll be joining our fast moving team who support the FinOps community. Our mission to advance every individual who manages the value of cloud wherever they are by creating connections, inspiring growth, and empowering best practices for cloud billing and operations.
The FinOps Foundation is seeking a FinOps Education Principal to support and develop ongoing education and career development initiatives for our growing community. In additional to building training programs, this role will be the lead instructor for the FinOps Foundation. If you are interested in being a part of a global team developing a robust training program, then this is the job for you!
What You Will Work On :
- Deliver FinOps Foundation education in a virtual class format as an instructor
- Collaborate with FinOps Foundation team, subject matter experts (SME), and community members to coordinate training content for both online and instructor-led delivery
- Support systems and tools used to deliver content
- Support content feedback mechanisms to identify content that needs additional work to be more effective
- Triage learner support tickets via timely responses
- Create and monitor training schedules for all instructor-led training
- Developing documentation and other Q&A material for FinOps Foundation staff around training initiatives
- Build and support training programs for Certified Training Partners and Certified Instructors
- Work with FinOps Foundation instructional designers as a SME in the the development of new training
- Fostering relationships with FinOps Certified Training Partners to help them deliver FinOps Foundation training
- Bachelor’s degree in training and development, instructional or graphic design, or related discipline, and/or a combination of education and experience
- 12+ months of working in FinOps
- FinOps Certified Practitioner certification (required)
- FinOps Certified Professional certification (prefered)
- Experience managing training / curriculum (vILT, ILT, self-paced/video) e-learning)
- Excellent time management skills, problem-solving skills and both verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge about traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- Exceptional organization skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a team and have attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about learning management systems, instructional design and e-learning platforms
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and assess and analyze data
The Linux Foundation is an all-remote-work organization that hires world-class talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are about open-source software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., top-of-the-line healthcare, unlimited PTO, Flex Fridays, and a 100% 401k match (up to the IRS-defined limit per year).
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage anyone interested to apply! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.