Published: 9th March 2023
Closing Date: 15th May 2023
We are searching for a FinOps Engineer to lead cost spend monitoring and analysis, identify and drive potential cost savings and forecast future infrastructure cost needs in our growing R&D department of the DatAdvantage Cloud group. You will work closely with our Engineering and Finance teams to ensure we maintain our cloud cost spend and environment stability through data analysis, consulting, visualization, and creative problem-solving. Ultimately, you should be able to hold all aspects of AWS cost within the team in order to maintain functional and stable product features for our SAAS application in accordance with the company’s needs.
- Analyze, optimize, and implement cost optimization actions over all our cloud services.
- Create detailed financial and usage dashboards
- Implement and manage automated tools to help identify cost trends and anomalies
- Work with our engineering teams to design and implement new services in the most cost-efficient way
- Work with the financial teams on budget, forecast, and expenses reports
- Work with our finance and legal departments to negotiate cost terms and contracts with third party vendors
- Experience as a FinOps Engineer or equivalent
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure / AWS / GCP) services, architecture, and tools
- Knowledge of containerized workloads and how sizing and scaling impact costs
- Cost-savings and cost optimization mindset
- Strong principles of financial analysis
- Proven analytical skills and experience with cost optimization
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- DevOps experience and scripting skills (e.g., Python, Bash)
- Good understanding of AWS services & billing
We invite you to check out our Instagram Page to gain further insight into the Varonis culture!
- Company: Varonis
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Entry-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None