HQ – FinOps Engineer (EMEA Remote)
MADRID HQ, SPAIN /
ENGINEERING – PLATFORM /
Jobandtalent connects good people with endless opportunities. We created a revolutionary staffing platform that seamlessly matches workers with growing companies. Jobandtalent is the world’s largest and most successful job platform, with the highest NPS in the industry and having placed over 100,000 jobseekers so far.
At the heart of our on-demand job platform is the data-driven job matching technology, which tears down the barriers to job searching and hiring. Jobandtalent radically simplifies hiring processes so that workers are supplied a steady flow of job opportunities. International companies like DHL, FedEx, eBay, P&G, IKEA, Gorillas, and Just Eat have put their growth into the trusted hands of our people.
Jobandtalent is currently valued at $2.4 billion and is backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Kinnevik, Atomico and BlackRock. With a growth rate of 130% and $1 billion in revenue last year, Jobandtalent is the 10th fastest growing startup in Europe 2021.
Who we are
Work, work, work. At Jobandtalent, we don’t get tired of hearing all about it. That’s because we are set out on a mission to increase the employability of millions and want to put people square back at the center of employment – a mission we believe is pretty cool to be a part of.
Headquartered in sunny Madrid, Spain, but home to the world, we are a remote-first company operating in 9+ markets across Europe and the Americas – with ambitious plans for further expansion. We need a passionate team to revolutionize the employment market with us. If you want to help us work on the future of work, keep scrolling; your next adventure awaits!
We are looking for a FinOps engineer who can establish data-driven spending decisionstogain more financial control and predictability. We should help engineering, finance, technology, and business teams to collaborate and take ownership of their cloud/platform usage. We should lead this cultural change also by providing support from a central best-practices group.
- Make a strong partnership with our Procurement and work closely with our engineering teams as well as any cloud users and stakeholders, to define, implement and evolve metrics, reports and dashboards to measure, analyze and optimize our cloud spend enhancing forecasting and cost alerting platform.
- Develop and enhance our cloud cost allocation mode, e.g., to permit the per- tag/namespace allocation of costs in AWS and more cloud vendors.
- Working with colleagues in the tech teams, integrate cost allocation and management tooling with our wider cloud governance framework.
- Research new cost-saving opportunities in currently used vendors and technologies together with service and business owners.
- Support the development and implementation of our strategy for cloud commitments – such as AWS saving plans, reservations, spot coverage, etc.
- Support the implementation and use of CCMO (Cloud Cost, monitoring & optimization) tools with colleagues from across Jobandtalent, increasing visibility and constantly identifying opportunities for optimization and cost reduction, carrying them in the vendor management program.
- Share and collaborate on Cloud FinOps best practices and methods with colleagues in the rest of the company.
A succesful candidate will have
- Experience working with cloud-based solutions in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Cloud services and how they are consumed and priced.
- Knowledge of tagging/labelling cloud resources/workloads.
- Practical understanding and proven hands-on experience of cloud-centric architectures and services.
- Experience monitoring costs and usage of containers and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of application and system integration architectures.
- Familiarity with FinOps Foundation concepts.
- A passion for customers and problem-solving.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights, and analytical ability to read data/graphs and draw conclusions.
- Comfort in a startup environment we move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment.
- Embody strong account management skills; comfortable and seasoned in managing external partners and providing exceptional customer support.
- Self-starter with a demonstrable ability to work independently and creatively.
- Self-driven, an overachiever and dedicated to meeting personal and team goals
Nice to have
- Engineering background to leverage tech teams to adopt more efficient methodologies to increase their operational efficiency.
- FinOps certifications.
- Knowledge about security awareness, risk and compliance, as the cost could be associated with matters such as business criticality or continuity.
Not looking for free fruit? Good, we offer much more:
Purpose: Make an impact in one of the fastest-growing scale-up companies in Europe and develop your career while working alongside an international, diverse and multidisciplinary team. Our exhilarating working environment gives you a seat at the table that’s transforming the employment market
Pay: With financial recognition ingrained into our company philosophy, we offer our employees highly competitive salaries. Your performance and salary are reviewed regularly. With our ESOP (Employee Stock Option Plan) you can benefit from our skyrocket growth (program available only for selected positions).
Place: Being headquartered in Madrid but at home in the world, we let you work wherever you please and thrive. Even though an average 7,5 hours of Spanish sunshine a day seems pretty ideal, we are a remote-first company. We provide all the technical equipment you need to do your job, and hold regular team camps across Europe where you can meet your colleagues IRL
Play: We offer complimentary learning and development opportunities, such as an annual personal learning budget of 1,000€, as well as language classes for English, Spanish, German, Italian and French. It’s like an open bar, but better
Pace: Stagnation is boring. We believe every year gives us 52 opportunities to try something new and challenge yourself. With Jobandtalent you will be growing with us, at rocket speed
Prop Up: We won’t leave you standing in the rain. That’s why we help you put your mind at ease and offer free emotional and psychological guidance with Therapy Chat because, well, we care about mental health. We also support European Visa Sponsorships