The FinOps Engineer at Product Madness lives and breathes in Cloud looking for opportunities to cost-reduce and optimise the cloud environment. This role will be required to engage with the technical groups in order to understand the application and its usage. We are looking for a FinOps engineer to join our Infrastructure Group. The ideal candidate will take part in creating the next generation of cloud usage and standards, Observability as a service, CI/CD pipelines and our SRE/DevOps practices & culture inside Product Madness, using cutting-edge automation and modern technologies to monitor and track the changing cost.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and optimize our cloud costs by analyzing usage patterns, identifying cost drivers, and recommending cost-saving measures
- Develop and implement financial processes and controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and other teams to identify and implement cost optimization opportunities
- Create financial models and analyses to support business decisions
- Monitor and report on key financial metrics, including budget vs. actuals, forecast accuracy, and return on investment
- Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to negotiate and manage contracts and pricing
- Develop and maintain financial dashboards and reports for senior management and other stakeholders
- Plan and support the growth of Product Madness Infrastructure.
- Help maintain Productmadness services in the Cloud environment, Like GCP, Newrelic, and Grafana, Slack.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Able ility to learn deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to new cloud infrastructure our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly recover and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale Linux environment.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Monitor the containerise environment/services and manage them with leading orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes).
- Pay attention to infrastructure, cost and security aspects.
- Supporting other Engineers & Developers by providing necessary training, advice and mentorship.
- Support production environments – troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Support for Cloud Operation Engineers
- Interface and work closely with various R&D Groups (Architects, Principal Engineers Developers, and Product Managers).
What We’re Looking For
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field – nice to have
- A few years of experience in finance or operations, preferably in a technology or cloud-based environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manipulate large data sets
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience with financial modelling and analysis
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Proven experience as a DevOps/SRE/Infra Engineer
- Expertise in Excel and in another programming language
- Experience with Cloud Architecture Design principles and Cloud Architect certification
- Experience creating infra-as code solutions using tools such as Terraform, Azure ARM templates, Cloudformation
- Hands-on implementation of Cloud base complex environments.
- Proven experience working in a production environment – a must
- Experience with monitoring and log analysis tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Splunk etc. – Advantage
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Study assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas Closure
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Personal development & career plans
- Perkbox Access
- Relocation support
Benefits And Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
- FLEX-Forward work environment: Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
- Health & More: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
- Work-Life: Wellness Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure (Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
- Wellbeing: Wellness fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24/7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
- Wealth Care: 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
- Learn & Grow: LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
- Community & Fun: Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities