FinOps Engineering Specialist – Whiteley
Published: 3rd May 2023
Closing Date: 28th May 2023
The Global Operations team are an integral part of Specsavers Digital, Data and Technology and provides operational capability to support production systems across a multi-faceted estate of critical Global services. Operational capability is provided through a combination of internal technical teams and underpinning supplier contracts.A highly technical role We are looking for an experienced FinOps Engineer to join our DevOps group. As a FinOps Engineer, you will analyse cloud spend, identify potential cost savings, define follow-up activities, and increase productivity. You will work closely with our Engineering and Finance teams to ensure we maintain our cloud cost spend and environment stability through data analysis, consulting, accurate documentation, and creative problem-solving. Ensure Adherence to regulatory reporting guidelines and fulfilling deadlines
- Analyse, optimize, and implement cost optimisation actions, tools and dashboard across different cloud services to help identify cost trends and anomalies
- Build automation that optimizes the cloud environment and work with our technical teams to design and implement new services in the most cost-efficient way
- Work with the financial and legal teams on budget, forecast, and expenses reports as well as negotiating cost terms and contracts
- Early engagement with concept and design team, creating Financial modeming and techniques operational roadmap to success and input to Business cases demonstrating through life costs, including improvements to better inform return in the investments
- Analyse, reports, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, data lake, CMDB, and other asset inventories as applicable.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the Cloud cost and Operational procedures (as required), capturing all current information; including any changes are updated and communicated across the relevant teams
What You’ll Bring
- Conversant with Cloud, Infrastructure, Network, foundation technologies and Cloud hosting technologies
- Experience within Service Compliance, Auditing, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, or similar environment
- Experience as a FinOps Engineer or equivalent, with a commercial mindset and proven analytical skill
- Knowledgeable in complex project management and methodologies, preferably with multi-million-pound accounts
- Deep understanding with cloud costs and the various alternatives
- Awareness of compliance with the ability to spot compliance issues in advance and taking proactive measures to maintain compliance.
Up to £56,500 (depending on experience) + bonus and benefits
We offer two bonuses (personal performance paid quarterly and company performance paid annually) with private healthcare and dental cover and a generous pension scheme.For over three decades our purpose hasn’t changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Through the exceptional products, services and value we offer, we are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us.
Happy to talk about flexible working!
- Company: Specsavers
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- Salary: Up to £56,500 (depending on experience) + bonus and benefits
- FinOps Certifications Required: None