Build your career at Iress!
As part of Iress Finance, the FinOps Specialist will work with the Product and Technology teams with responsibility for the monitoring and governance of all cloud commercials. The role will initially assess the current procedures and controls around Cloud costs, determine their suitability and ability to scale, and implement improvements to the framework. You will have the full support of management and the budget owners. You will ensure we are billed accurately, maintain cost information using Cloud, third-party, or custom tools; preparing forward-looking cost estimates. Understand the broader client impact and quality proposition of this technology, and support agility in its delivery. You will also lead initiatives to optimise associated SaaS product licensing.
Some of the awesome things you’ll be involved with:
- Identify and facilitate opportunities to optimise, reduce cost and plans to realise the savings
- Leverage the CFM tools, interpret the findings, and make technical recommendations to the business application teams to help reduce ongoing cost
- Analyse, report, and produce meaningful and actionable insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools
- Provide summaries and detailed usage statistics for resources across public clouds, offering actionable intelligence to right-size and scale services efficiently
- Provide early intervention and management information to enable Cloud Technology to provide advice to consumers of the services
- Collaborate with finance and billing teams on budget, forecast and expenses reports relating to hosting
- Proactively improve processes and practices used on own projects and actively share these with peers
What you will bring:
- Highly organised, detail-oriented person
- You will love data, using it to identify and drive business outcomes and improvement
- Experience working with Cloud providers and FinOps tools
- An operational understanding of how to effect optimisation within a Cloud Environment.
Why work with us?
- 6 additional paid days per year to extend your weekends
- Flexible working from home arrangements
- Equity grants for our top 25% performers
- Generous cash bonus for every successful referral
- Annual Profit Share when Iress meets its annual profit targets
- Starting school leave – 8.5 days of leave to assist your children with the transition to school
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work
- 3 days’ paid leave per year to participate in charity initiatives
- Discounted health insurance premiums
- Access to learning and development programs through Udemy