What We Offer
Our people make us great. We know that our colleagues are the most integral part of our story.
We offer a flexible, work-from-anywhere environment -coming together across time zones, countries, home offices and computer screens. Our valued team members work across the U.S., Canada, India and beyond.
We encourage you to take time away from work –whenever you need it. Our flexible time off lets you make time for what matters most. We want you to travel, refresh, spend time with family and friends, and give back to your communities.
We’re big on professional development. Through training and education, we help you develop the skills you need to excel in your role and beyond.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture. We’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” since 2017. Our goal is to engender a culture based on diversity, inclusion and respect—a culture where your voice is valued—and you always have a seat at the decision-making table.
- Fully remote working environment
- Flexible time off (FTO)
- Professional development opportunities
- 12 Weeks of paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual company retreats
- 5-days of paid volunteer hours at an approved 501(c)(3) Organization
- Company lump-sum contribution to HSA-eligible medical enrollees
- 401k Eligible upon date of hire—up to 3% company match
- Exclusive discounts from your favorite brands via PerkSpot
Impact you will make
As a FinOps Architect you will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to translate business information needs into well-defined data requirements. This role is best suited to a self-starter who can manage time and multiple priority levels efficiently while providing quality cloud financial management within a cloud/SAAS environment. This role is essential to the development of the cloud operations team.
What You Will Do
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to translate business information needs into well-defined data requirements to implement the BI solutions
- Work independently within guidelines, responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and implementation of projects using a formal project management and agile methodology
- Collaborate with the Cloud Operations team members to evaluate, design, and develop BI reports and dashboards
- Track and report all key performance indicators and trend analysis relating to Cloud consumption, capacity management and chargeback
- Transform raw data into meaningful data-driven spending decisions characterized by strong data governance and data integrity
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, primarily supporting Cloud Operations team
- Design and develop meaningful analytics and executive reporting to enable cross-functional conversations about cloud architecture and top challenges
- Find meaningful trends in data sets, perform analysis to help translate raw data into actionable recommendations including automation, shared costs and accurate forecasting.
What You Will Bring
- Experience in Cloud design optimizations including rightsizing, reserving instances, automated tagging
- Strong advanced SQL and query optimization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience designing high-quality dashboards using Power BI
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Azure Hybrid cloud technologies and services
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skill
- Solid grasp of financial concepts, such as depreciation schedules, capitalization, return on investment, and total cost of ownership
What We Would Like To See
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
- Experience with data exploration tools (Tableau/PowerBi.)
- Ability to investigate data to explain anomalies, optimizations and rationalize cloud spend
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud cost efficiencies, capacity management that help drive architectural and business decisions
- Skilled communicator who can easily understand and translate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to produce standardized, reusable, scalable dashboards, and reports.
- Strong ability to communicate insights verbally, visually and in writing and take on loosely defined problems and distill complex findings into actionable recommendations
California Applicant Information