Cloud FinOps Account Manager
Company: Flutter Entertainment Plc
Published: 17th January 2023
Closing Date: 11th July 2023
The Role: Cloud FinOps Account Manager
Come and join a new team to support everything from exciting new products to helping improve the old. Helping to foster rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation.
You’ll join an enterprise-wide Cloud Center of Excellence team that is responsible for establishing enterprise-wide policies, architectural patterns, cloud onboarding processes and corporate governance.
Why join the team?
You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition.
It’s your chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll build and run new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career so far and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale.
The Infrastructure and Platform area within the Flutter International division is helping foster world-class operational environments and helping to support the core of the business as we migrate our platforms onto AWS.
What will you do?
- Work directly with our technical teams, business management, and market units across the organization to build, supervise and improve real-time cloud cost and consumption dashboards and forecasts for executive committee briefings, corporate finance workflows and engineering transparency
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities.
- Translate financial insights into actionable recommendations, promoting cost-aware architecture design, and leveraging code to automate resource optimization.
- Responsible for integrating FinOps tools, creating reusable design patterns and code modules to support optimization and Cloud Finance Management (CFM) policies at the enterprise level.
- Support the cloud monthly budget and forecast process in managing consumption, chargebacks, show back, and savings in collaboration with accounting, finance, and technical owners
- Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and budgeted forecast.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape.
- You will be part of our family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways.
- Work with product teams to accurately cost out implementations
Your key responsibilities:
- Helping to implement our key organizational controls for the AWS Cloud, with GCP and Azure on the horizon in the future
- Technical leadership of complex, cross-company projects to deliver operational improvements
- Foster a self-service mindset across the business, enabling verticals to manage their own infrastructure and costs
- Provide guidance and teaching to other operational staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, IT or analytics; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience; Financial Analyst and/or Business Analyst background preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend optimization
- Experience in sourcing of public cloud services including cloud sourcing strategy planning, strategic supplier selection, contracting and commercial negotiations
- Knowledge of cloud cost products (e.g., Cost Explorer, Azure Portal)
- Strong understanding of public cloud players (AWS is must, Azure and GCP nice to have), their product portfolio and commercial models
- Prior experience building custom reports with PowerBI, Apptio, etc preferred
- General understanding of broad IT strategy and sourcing space and working market knowledge (e.g., key vendors, services and technology trends)
- Ability to engage and interact independently with client personnel including architecture and procurement specialists
- FinOps certification preferred
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- Free snacks and catered lunch.
- Company: Flutter Entertainment Plc
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner