Lead Cloud Governance Engineering is leading and addressing security audits, vulnerabilities, costs, and policy compliance.
The Lead Cloud Governance role oversees, coordinates, and performs the ongoing management and governance of the Cloud. The position participates in developing, addressing, and enforcing Cloud cost, policy, guardrails, security vulnerability, and audits. As such, we seek a leader with a strong background in security, cloud platform, analytical abilities, and end-to-end troubleshooting techniques.
- Create/provide cloud cost dashboards and alerts
- Address security audits
- Implement FinOps models in new/existing projects
- Collaborate with SRE, application, network, and security teams to remediate security vulnerability or compliance issues.
- Identify emerging risks related to cloud computing and strengthen Cloud Governance capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and manage policy
- Provide strategic governance and oversight capabilities to Cloud initiatives
- Communicate vulnerability and resolution to appropriate stakeholders and leadership
- Conduct Post-incident reviews and document findings
- Continually review and recommend cost reduction
- Ensure vulnerability audits are addressed on time
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in Cloud platform automation
- 3+ years working in an SRE or DevOps organization
- Familiar with regulatory compliance frameworks like SOX, HIPPA, GDPR, PCI DSS
- Extensive experience with IaC tooling (i.e., Terraform, GitHub Actions, leveraging APIs, cloud management platforms, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud Platform, specifically with Google Cloud and Azure platform
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Knowledge of operating systems, networks, databases, storage, and security
- Experience with Big Query, Qlik, Power BI, etc.
- Architecture-level knowledge of Windows and Linux and Infrastructure systems
- Experience with production deployment, monitoring, and operational support for enterprise-class applications
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment tools
- Experience in performance diagnostics, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, performance monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills