About the job
GIC is one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world’s industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore’s financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide.
We experiment, design, and lead a 24×7 global business where we support core capabilities in asset management, trading, investment operations, and risk management. We deliver secure, reliable, and integrated solutions, and provide insights on new, and emerging technologies.
Architecture & Infrastructure Team
You will help to build and sustain strong technology foundations forming the bedrock of GIC’s digital solutions.
What impact can you make in this role?
You’ll be empowered to be at the top of your game by providing strategic partnership, and innovative technology solutions that supports GIC’s vision of being a tech-driven, global, long-term investment firm.
What will you do as an VP, Cloud Business Consultant, Technology Group?
- Plan and execute the next iteration of GIC’s cloud strategy by building an agile organization that leverages cloud-native architecture
- Develop roadmaps and pathways for the modernization of applications to just-right cloud services and architecture within the hybrid cloud ecosystem
- Define infrastructure strategy and ensure alignment with organizational goals in partnership
- Identify areas for improvement in current cloud services, platforms, and architecture in line with business objectives and cost optimization goals in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Prioritize cloud initiatives that align with business goals and objectives
- Advise project teams on selecting appropriate cloud platforms and services and assist with migration in collaboration with the key stakeholders
- Develop and deliver targeted educational content such as training programs and workshops to enable teams to adopt cloud computing technologies for overall cloud capabilities building
- Manage cloud demand by aligning platform roadmaps with stakeholder needs, engaging key stakeholders, prioritizing initiatives, and managing stakeholder expectations
- Establish KPIs for GIC’s cloud strategy and infrastructure, and track progress using a systematic approach for successful cloud-native adoption and business outcomes
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, with relevant certifications such as TOGAF, AWS/Azure Certified Solutions Architect, and PMP/CPM
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in hybrid cloud implementation, application modernization, and cloud migration program management
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools and scripting languages, large-scale cloud migration projects, and implementing FinOps programs
- Successfully delivered cloud-native AWS and Azure applications using microservices, event-driven architecture, and scalable and reliable cloud platforms
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaC, and proficiency in automating app hosting platform management with DevOps and CI/CD
- Expertise in SAFe Lean-Agile methodology, and proven experience in cross-functional project management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and manage time effectively
Work at the Point of Impact
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams – be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact.