Engineering Manager, Cloud Efficiency Engineering (EMEA)
Published: 12th December 2022
Closing Date: 27th February 2023
The primary focus for this leader is establishing tools and practices which result in improved spend efficiency. Additionally, this role will also engage to ensure we continually improve our partnership with primary cloud providers through product engagement, training, and other collaborative efforts. This leader engages with our cloud providers to ensure that we are getting the most value out of their services.
This role collaborates most frequently with the SREs on their team as well as peer Engineering Managers in Infrastructure. Stable Counterparts for this Cloud Efficiency Engineering role include Finance Planning & Analysis, Product Managers, Development Engineering Managers, and the entire Cloud Service Provider team.
- Hire an incredible team that lives our values
- Maintain an environment where Team Members can thrive and the team produces Results
- Hold regular 1:1’s with team members
- Manage agile projects
- Work across sections within engineering
- Improve the quality, security and performance of the product
- Work on small changes outside of the critical path
- Participate in either the Release Manager rotation OR the Incident Management on-call rotation to help ensure that the availability goals for GitLab.com are met.
- Specific knowledge and experience about AWS and GCP cost structures, methods, and discounting tools.
- Experience operating a program of activities which lead to improved cloud unit cost economics.
- Experience creating effective reporting for key counterparts in finance organizations.
- Effective third-party vendor communication and coordination skills along with experience driving initiatives among multiple providers.
- Relevant experience managing site reliability engineering teams
- Excellent technical background
- Demonstrated teamwork in a peak performance organization
- Experience running a consumer scale platform
- Product company experience
- Enterprise software company experience or startup experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Exquisite communication skills
- Ability to use GitLab
- Online community participation
- Remote work experience
- Startup experience
- Passion towards and/or significant open source contributions
The Manager, Infrastructure contributes to the success of Infrastructure Performance Indicators.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
- Company: GitLab
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- Salary: $142,000 - $290,000
- FinOps Certifications Required: None