We are seeking a Cloud FinOps Analyst to join the Programmes and Change FinOps team. As a Cloud FinOps Analyst, you will be involved in producing cloud usage and cost insights, implementing governance & control measures and help track optimisation initiatives.
- Cloud Cost Analysis: Monitor and analyse cloud infrastructure costs, identify trends, and provide insights and recommendations for optimizing costs.
- Cost Optimization: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and track cost-saving strategies such as rightsizing instances, leveraging reserved instances, and identifying areas of cost optimization.
- Cloud Usage Tracking: Maintain a detailed understanding of cloud resource usage patterns, identify areas of overutilization or waste, and implement measures to improve resource efficiency.
- Budget Management: Assist in developing and managing cloud infrastructure budgets, track actual costs against budgeted amounts, and provide regular reports to stakeholders.
- Financial Reporting: Generate accurate and timely financial reports related to cloud costs, including cost allocation and chargeback, to support decision-making processes.
- Cost Governance: Develop and implement policies, procedures, and best practices to promote financial accountability and ensure adherence to cost management guidelines.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with teams across the organization, including Finance, IT Operations, and Engineering, to gather data, drive cost optimization initiatives, and provide financial insights.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Strong Financial analysis with the ability to develop and present financial analysis of a client’s spend and make related recommendations.
- Passion for cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition in both technical and financial aspects
- Persistent, tenacious and ability to navigate challenging business situations constantly finding opportunities to drive value
- Fundamental understanding of Cloud computing platform and its pricing dynamics, with knowledge on Azure/AWS/Google is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- £5000 car allowance
- Up to 20% bonus
- 10% matching pension
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.