The Sales Engineer is responsible for partnering with Account Executives to drive revenue in the IaaS/PaaS/SaaS governance and optimization business by helping to qualify sales opportunities and then bring those qualified opportunities to closure. The Sales Engineer will manage compelling solution-based value propositions, demonstrations, RFI/RFPs, technical validation activities, and implementation strategies that address the prospect’s critical needs and business requirements. Sales Engineers will lead development of the solution to propose and be the technical resource coordinator for solution specific sales cycles where needed.Your Role and Responsibilities
- Discovery: Assist in the identification of potential sales opportunities and in discovering a particular prospect’s IT business management challenges and vision for a solution to those challenges.
- RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of a response to a specific prospect’s request for information or proposal, including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery of the response.
- Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations that clearly articulate IBM ability to support prospects’ IaaS/PaaS/SaaS optimization and governance challenges. The resulting demonstration and subsequent outcomes are initial proofs as to how IBM can deliver value based on what was learned about that prospect in a Discovery session and throughout the engagement. These are to be delivered both live and remotely.
- IBM Finops Architecture / Technical Components Overview: Deliver an in-depth overview of IBM FinOps’s technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities that provide its unique value in the market.
- Technical Validation Events: Manage to successful conclusion the sometimes necessary technical validation events that require IBM FinOps Presales to leverage data and other information provided by a prospect to show that prospect, in detail specific to them, the value of leveraging IBM FinOps’s solution.
- Transfer Knowledge: Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the IBM FinOps Presales team, both formally and informally.
- Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solution Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Offer Feedback: Provide feedback to product management about the successes and failures in the field.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with the tools used to manage an IT organization, including network and server monitoring, service desk, project management, asset management, database management, reporting, and Excel.
- Familiarity with basic financial, accounting and cloud financial management concepts
- Familiarity with the pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Service Providers’ IaaS/PaaS services offerings
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and containers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an IT organization.
- Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of IBM FinOps products.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously given fundamental priorities and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5+ years’ experience in a presales capacity successfully selling complex software solutions to IT organizations of various industries strongly desired.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and Azure Fundamentals certified