Day to Day
Indeed is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Financial Analyst to join our dynamic Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. The primary focus of this role will be on managing R&D and cloud expenses, ensuring accurate financial reporting, analysis, and optimization of costs. The ideal candidate will possess a background in financial analysis, a deep understanding of R&D and cloud expense management, and the ability to provide strategic insights to drive informed decision-making.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc financial reports, (planned vs actual spend) variance analyses, month-over-month analysis, and dashboards to communicate expense trends and insights to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the development of annual R&D and cloud expense budgets, considering business growth, technological advancements, and cost optimization goals.
- Assist in the ongoing forecasting process, providing accurate and timely updates on expense projections to support business planning.
- Partner with R&D, engineering, and other relevant departments to understand their expense needs and provide financial insights for decision-making.
- Communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitor and analyze cloud service usage and costs, ensuring alignment with budgetary guidelines.
- Create Return on Investment (ROI) analysis for major spend investment cases and 3rd party tools.
- 2+ years work experience in FP&A, accounting, investment banking, consulting, and/or corporate finance, with a focus on R&D and cloud expense management
- Solid understanding of financial principles, budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Confluent, Google Cloud) and their pricing models.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to accuracy in financial reporting.
Salary Range Transparency
US Remote 62,000 – 92,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.