About the job
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Proven experience in Cloud Cost Management
- 3-5 years of enterprise experience in either Azure, AWS, GCP or other public cloud
- Experience with 3rd party cloud cost management tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Bold, curious, problem solving, and better together behaviors
- Experience with the following:
- Data modeling and database query languages
- IaaS and PaaS cloud architecture
- CI/CD experience
Insight Global is now hiring a 100% fully remote Sr. FinOps Engineer to be part of our team in. This role will be responsible for completing and reviewing tools such as:
- Deliver new and iterative features to the Cloud FinOps reporting and data platform.
- Leverage automation and scripting to democratize and deliver meaningful alerts, insights, anomalies, workflow, and other tools to be leveraged by multiple stakeholder personas to manage and optimize their cloud spend.
- Develop solutions and strategies to optimize cloud usage and refactor existing technology toward effective ways to leverage Cloud-native services.
- Engineer and implement patterns to achieve Cloud elasticity of enterprise applications
- Identify ways to enhance forecasting, chargeback and modeling of cloud spend, including the delineation between cost to produce (non-production) and cost to serve (production) for tracking cloud costs back to business benefits.
- Communicate and collaborate between business, technology, and finance teams.
- Promote a cost-conscious culture and cloud engineering best practices across the IT organization