Director – Cost Optimization
Published: 15th February 2023
Closing Date: 15th April 2023
Director – Cost Optimization
Wanted: dynamic and creative individuals ready to connect with a like-minded team. You’ll enjoy all the autonomy you need to help our clients make their digital infrastructure faster and more effective. Free reign for free spirits doesn’t mean you’ve got to go it alone. Over 1400 teammates from around the globe are eager to help you out when things get down to wire. Their expertise will put you on the winning path and keep you there. So get ready to kickstart your career with a team that’s connected – connected by freedom.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in Information Technology and Corporate Financial Control and Cost Optimization, driving significant savings through a combination of process controls, sourcing, automation, governance, technology rationalization and transformation. The role involves leading client engagements with many large and complex companies with diverse technology and business portfolios to drive significant business cost optimization outcomes. This includes assessment/identification and execution of cost optimization strategies with both near term benefits and longer-term transformative optimization.
The candidate will be recognized for his or her ability to step into a client environment and working with the client team, effectively integrate various cost optimization strategies and tactics into holistic program solutions that drive real results. The candidate should have a robust understanding of “the business of IT”, budgeting and cost treatment as well as the ability to address broader corporate and business cost elements.
The candidate should have a strong familiarity with Sourcing, TBM, Cloud FinOps and IT Asset Management, Capital Appropriations and IT PMO Operations, and expense management strategies around labor, external services, software, infrastructure, network and cloud. The successful candidate will also support proposal and client pursuit activities in a subject matter expert (SME) role.
The Director’s responsibilities include leading engagements focused on assessing clients’ environments for costs, controls and leverage points, leading cross functional teams comprising domain experts across services, cloud, cyber, software, network, governance and automation, and developing and executing strategies to drive significant savings. This includes developing strategies and associated business cases, and leading savings execution and related transformation programs. Additionally, the Director will help clients to effectively execute cost optimization strategies addressing IT services, infrastructure, software, network and cloud.
This position will report to the Partner – Digital Cost Optimization and will support initiatives across multiple industry segments.
- Travel Expectations may vary depending on the broader business environment (Currently, travel is expected to be 10-25% or less, with the majority of work being performed virtually, however this could increase in the future)
- This is a remote position based in the US
- Provides consultation services to clients and suppliers in areas of cost optimization, project management, financial modeling, sourcing, automation, transformation executive relationships, leadership, negotiation, and administration
- Plans, leads, coordinates, and manages all client engagement activities with senior client and service provider executives and project teams
- Independently develops project work plans and customizes to meet client specifications as well as estimates staffing, task duration, and client staffing requirements
- Develops medium to large complex financial models and possesses a thorough knowledge of budgets, the budgeting process, corporate finance at large or geographically dispersed clients
- Is recognized as leader in both project work as well as within ISG. Takes initiative to participate and lead aspects of ISG business
- Leads the planning and the development to all project deliverables and assumes overall responsibility for staffing, budget, work plans, scope, project milestones, issues management and risk management utilizing ISG’s project management methods, tools and templates
- Generates client revenues and manage projects which generate revenue
- 10+ years of technology financial management and strategic sourcing experience working with large, complex organizations. Direct report to CIO/CTO, consulting experience and/or experience with a major IT service provider a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a cost management of digital technologies (mobile, cloud, analytics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, GAAP, ITIL, ITSM, Cloud FinOps, and Software Asset Management processes
- Hands-on experience implementing strategy; experience with large, complex digital strategy & transformation programs that deliver demonstrative business value, data-driven insight, improved operational efficiencies, and new forms of user experiences and engagement
- Proven track record in building out best-in-class service offerings within the realities of the organization that includes a fully-fledged strategy, transformation framework, and actionable roadmap
- Domain expertise in one or more industry verticals and proven experience crafting solutions to address industry-specific processes
- Served as a trusted advisor and interfaced with executive level stakeholders including demonstrated ability to identify stakeholder needs and translate business needs into solution opportunities
- Significant knowledge of information technology, service delivery, enterprise agility, and service provider management
- Significant delivery management experience, including managing teams at all project phases, exemplary track record in successful stakeholder relationship management and multi-project oversight
- Capability development experience, including, IP and solution development
- Expert presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- MBA or another advanced degree (s) desirable
- Training and certifications on key financial and IT management processes
- Company: ISG (Information Services Group)
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Director
- FinOps Certifications Required: None