IT FinOps Architect
Published: 10th May 2023
Closing Date: 17th July 2023
HealthEquity is seeking a seasoned FinOps Architect who will be responsible for managing all HealthEquity technology costs, including on-prem and cloud, while ensuring high performance and scalability. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance and operations, with a proven track record of driving financial performance and optimizing operational efficiency.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conduct financial analysis against cloud, SaaS, and on premises consumption to identify cost-saving opportunities, assess financial performance, and provide insights to support decision-making.
- Develop, implement, and continuously streamline financial strategies based deep into our technology usage and create initiatives to optimize those operations. Collaborate with senior management to set financial objectives and provide recommendations on financial strategies and tactics to achieve them. Monitor and report on the progress of financial initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, policies, and procedures. Monitor and assess risks and compliance factors in the technology portfolio and implement controls to mitigate them. Stay updated with relevant financial regulations and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with finance and operations teams to develop budgets, forecasts, and financial plans. Monitor and report on budget performance, variances, and trends. Provide recommendations on budget adjustments to align with business objectives.
- Collaborate with various internal IT teams and external stakeholders, such as finance, operations, vendors, and auditors, to achieve financial goals. Build strong relationships with stakeholders and provide financial insights, recommendations, and support as needed.
- Develop a culture of operational excellence at HealthEquity to drive financial performance.
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing technology costs while ensuring high performance and scalability.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support decision making around technology investments and cost optimization.
- Lead cross-functional teams to continuously monitor and analyze technology spending, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing cost-saving initiatives.
- Maintain a deep understanding of emerging technology trends and their potential impact on HealthEquity’s technology cost structure.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key technology vendors and service providers.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards for technology cost management.
- Partner with technology leaders to drive accountability and cost transparency across the organization.
What You Will Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field. Advanced degree or relevant professional certification (e.g., CMA, CPA, CFA) is a plus.
- Proven experience in financial analysis, financial strategy, process optimization, compliance, and risk management focused on cloud, AI, DevOps, and overall operating expenditures within technology portfolios.
- Cost management experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations, accounting principles, and financial best practices for cloud spend. A good understanding of Azure usage is a plus.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting using PowerBI
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with delivery methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, or Waterfall.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity in handling financial data and information.
This is a remote position.
Salary Range$119500.00 To $191000.00 / year
Benefits & Perks
The compensation range describes the typical minimum or maximum base pay range for this position. The actual compensation offer is determined based on job-related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location. This position will be eligible for performance-based incentives and restricted stock units as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range in addition to a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- HSA contribution and match
- Dependent care FSA match
- Uncapped paid time off
- Adventure accounts
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match
- Personal and healthcare financial literacy programs
- Ongoing education & tuition assistance
- Gym and fitness reimbursement
- Wellness program incentives
Come be your authentic self
- Company: HealthEquity
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- Salary: $119,500/yr - $191,000/yr
- FinOps Certifications Required: None