What You Will Do
Senior Cloud Operations Engineer Infrastructure is responsible for leading shift and supporting implementation of core cloud infrastructure components. We would like you to utilize sophisticated technical skills to coordinate design, improvement and deployment efforts and provide insight and recommendations for operating enterprise cloud infrastructure solutions. Works closely with cloud application and infrastructure support teams, project managers, network and system engineers, and other technology support teams. Documents critical design and configuration details required to support the delivery of enterprise cloud services.
We offer benefits to include but are not limited to: Medical (FSA & HSA), Dental, Vision, Health Support Programs, Well-Being Program, 401K and more!
This position is located in Milwaukee, WI. Apply today!
How You Will Do It
- Responsible for reliability and support of Cloud Platform including Public Cloud (Azure /AWS /Google) services.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Azure/AWS /Google environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Perform deep dives into systemic and latent reliability issues, incident management, problem management
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Perform RCA, partner with engineering and operation teams across the organization to roll out fixes.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the cloud services; scope and build automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services.
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments
- Engage with engineering teams throughout the full lifecycle from design, engineering, deployment, & operations.
- Partner with risk and compliance teams to bring visibility and implement right controls and policies in the Cloud Platform
- Ensure resiliency during implementation and identify/fix resiliency problems by collaborating with engineering teams
- Be a key stakeholder in the design of cloud services and work with Architecture, engineering, product teams
- Participate in 24×7 on-call coverage follow the sun model
- Identify the cloud optimization opportunities, design solutions and implement them
- Support deployment templates or patterns as requested by Customer.
- Automating the deployment of templates into the environment to continually reduce provisioning and deployment times.
- Lead cloud brokerage and orchestration software to supervise and modify infrastructure solutions to address planned and ad hoc demands for cloud Services.
- Lead Virtual Networks (VPCs) and Subnets
- Patch management (System updates assessment and updates)
- Endpoint Management, Native Load-Balancer, NSG, IP address Management, management of virtual networks in cloud
- Support DR set up & restore environment after disaster recovery
- 3rd party vendor coordination for troubleshooting
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Higher in similar field preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of hands-on experience maintaining cloud platforms on a major cloud service provider.
- Experience working on Azure/Google/AWS/OCI operations and Administration.
- Azure /Terraform /AWS /Google certifications are a plus
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring, and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Experience with supervising tools such as cloud native tools like Azure Monitor and Log Analytics
- Understanding of cost management, inventory management, FinOps model
- Strong understanding and background of working with a sophisticated IAM infrastructure, including Active Directory, Azure AD and other SSO solutions.
- Sophisticated knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Experience with IaC with Terraform
- Python, Ansible and shell scripting
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as git and Jenkins, familiarity with using a GitOps model
- Excellent understanding of Linux /Windows operating systems administration
- Detailed problem-solving approach, sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills are a must.
- 5 or more years with Virtualization including Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network
- 5 or more years with Infrastructure-Based Processes such as Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery
- 2 or more years with Hyper-V, Virtual Infrastructure, Platform Sizing
- Experience in Terraform, Ansible
- Experience working in a highly available multi-datacenter environment
- Proven track record to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team with direct responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize meaningful priorities and adapt to changes in project scope.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.