As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer/FinOps Specialist at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Sector, Corporate Technology Team, you work closely with both technical and non-technical teams to align infrastructure decisions with the overall goals and performance requirements of the applications. Provide technical oversight for the application review framework. Analyzing the cost of running and maintaining applications within the Lob. This includes understanding the cost breakdown of infrastructure, cloud services, and other resources used by the applications.
- Drives Application Review Framework for the assigned tower under Corporate Technology (CT), ensuring that it adheres to the approved set of processes, policies, and standards.
- Performs operation research and quantitative study on application portfolio usage patterns to derive insights that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Advises Corporate Technology (CT) application teams on Cloud Usage Optimization best practices.
- Supports stakeholders in understanding cloud spending to budget based on business roadmap and execution.
- Supports technologists in maximizing cloud variable spending by applying rightsizing, scheduling, and serverless options.
- Leads calls to keep stakeholders informed, providing insights and suggested courses of actions.
- Evangelizes well architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of cloud technologies, services, agile methodologies, and IT operations.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on Infrastructure engineering concepts and 5+ years applied experience.
- Hands-on AWS expertise
- Hands-on experience with CloudWatch, Datadog, and Terraform
- FinOps Certified Practitioner or equivalent experience
- Experience in FinOps principles, capabilities, and the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Experience developing and motivating team members in a federated or contribution delivery model.
- Ability to analyze cloud data/bills and help identify anomalies.
- Able to analyze and produce meaningful insights.
- Strong organizational skills, good judgment, fact-based and decision-making ability
- Able to influence others across multiple functional areas to lead change.
- Collaborative and participative style
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Cloud experience (GCP, AWS, and Azure)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, EMR, auto scaling, S3, KMS
- Experience with AWS cost optimization capabilities: budgets, saving plans, enterprise discounts, trusted advisor, reservations, spot instances, reserved instances, etc.
- Experience with FinOps Tools
- Working knowledge in a hybrid cloud or multi-cloud infrastructure financial management or migration execution