JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
We are looking for an AWS optimisation engineer to join us. In this role, you will be focused on helping development teams be more effective, efficient and resilient in the way they deploy AWS infrastructure, services and applications.
Our team is at the heart of building the bank, and culture is critical to our success us. We are looking for naturally curious, self-starters who are customer-focused team players, looking to expand their skills whilst working on this exciting product. At Chase, we put our customers first, delivering services that affect millions of people every day. Our development teams are constantly producing new products and services, so we need to ensure that we continuously adapt our strategies around optimisation of capacity, resilience and cost in our cloud environments.
As an AWS Optimisation Engineer, you’ll be responsible for identifying and driving meaningful change in the way our developers manage their public cloud deployments. The role is ideally suited to someone from a DevOps background who has exposure to cloud technologies and is keen to develop their knowledge and capability across a range of competencies.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collect and analyze data to provide cloud utilisation and financial insights critical to our success as a business
- Identify and drive areas for cost optimisation and savings for both back end and front end development teams – for example right sizing, auto scaling and selecting appropriate services
- Help to create and modify Terraform scripts as part of our automated SDLC, providing support to developers in adopting these improvements
- Constantly monitor, develop and improve the tagging strategies that we employ so that we can improve our visibility
- Engage and collaborate with engineers across the business to understand use-cases, and to define best-practices for use of the infrastructure platform
- Bring in the new and latest technologies and techniques while driving their adoption where appropriate
- Constantly consider how to balance Cost, Quality and Speed decisions to deliver an optimal platform for our development teams at all times
This role may suit you if:
- You have practical experience deploying AWS infrastructure at scale within an Agile project model and are able to work with minimal supervision
- You have a good understanding of cloud based application development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities; can speak about VPCs, security groups, access controls, monitoring and observability, kubernetes platform and ecosystem, CI/CD tooling etc
- You are comfortable providing hands on support to a broad range of different public cloud users from different technology areas and with differing cloud capabilities
- You would like to participate in a vibrant community of engineers from various backgrounds who are working to solve several complex business cases
- You have the ability to communicate at all levels within an organization, to effectively convey complex ideas tailored appropriately to the audience
- It is also desirable that you have knowledge of FinOps principles or experience with Cloud billing, cost management and analysis tools relating to AWS pricing schemes
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.