Just Eat is looking for a Technology Manager to lead our Cloud FinOps function. The team’s aim is to help optimise AWS, GCP & Azure cloud usage through engineering, automated tooling, visibility/insight and culture. The backdrop to our Cloud costs is an ever growing customer base that has and continues to see huge growth, underpinned by highly scalable platforms that see 5000 changes a month made to continually improve them.
As our Cloud FinOps tech manager, you’ll run a small team who
You will work on a wide range of projects, overseeing the entire quality management cycle and standardising operational processes. Collaborating with colleagues across the business, you can translate our strategy into tactics and operational solutions, enabling us to implement global projects and processes on a regional level.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Define and own a strong roadmap to meet commercial and engineering requirements
- Control, forecast and report on a multi-million dollar operating expense
- Run the FinOps team on a day to day basis. From Escalation to prioritisation to people management and development, you’ll be running the team.
- Track progress for both executive and engineer audiences
- Own and drive usage of our suite of cost management tools
- Responsible for Savings plans and RI purchasing
- Embed best practice, FinOps culture and change throughout the organisation, becoming the ultimate force multiplier
- Drive effective adoption, enabling product teams to evolve with minimal product velocity impact
Can you deliver…
Here are the skills and experience we need from you:
- Experience of FinOps or Cloud Financial Management
- Driving and embedding culture around cost
- Experience with the Cloud; preferably AWS
- Good understanding of product development, devops and ops/infrastructure environments
- Analytical approach; be able to get into the data yourself as well as use it to influence leadership and engineers
- Experience of Cloud ‘cost management’ tools e.g. Cost Explorer, Cloudability, CloudHealth, Cloud Custodian
- Department level planning: owning planning of projects, breaking them down into deliverable chunks, identifying and managing dependencies
- People Management; leading a team, supporting career development
- Day to day management of work (Scrum, Kanban or similar)
- You hate waste, but are pragmatic.
Here is our offer
Here at Just Eat Takeaway.com, we offer our colleagues the chance to develop and grow alongside top talent in one of the world’s leading food delivery companies. By providing a creative, dynamic and innovative environment, we empower our people and give them the ingredients for success.
Ready to join us as a Tech Manager – Cloud FinOps ? Click Apply Now and send us your CV and a motivational letter!