As part of the Cloud FinOps team, this role is key in anchoring our approach to cost analysis, modelling, and forecasting. This spans identifying cost optimisation & avoidance opportunities, as well as budgeting, centralised purchasing planning, and monitoring the impact of cost reduction strategies. Additionally, this role will be an essential part of supporting the team’s cost engineering work by providing a data-driven approach to defining solutions, prioritisation, and planning work.
The majority of our spend is currently in AWS, with the balance in GCP. With different organisations coming together to form Just Eat Takeaway, we’re in different stages of our FinOps journey, with plenty of opportunities to reduce waste and increase cost efficiencies, helping to keep our people and money focused on delighting our customers.
On Day 1, you’ll –
- Have excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyze and produce meaningful insights from large datasets
- Have spreadsheets listed in your ‘hobbies’ section aka experience with advanced Excel functions (and ideally scripting)
- Have a good understanding of budgeting processes and financial practices, which you’ll use working with Finance on Cloud forecast, budget and spend (amortization, WCC etc)
- Have a keen interest in technology and the cloud
- Get stuck into tools you’ve not used before and use them to make data-driven decisions
- Be a self-starter – whether that’s coming up with new ideas, developing organisational and technical knowledge, or improving existing processes and solutions
- Be comfortable working within the team to provide an excellent level of service to our internal customers
- Pragmatism; knowing when good enough is enough
- Have great written and verbal communication skills
- Writing reports for a wide or senior audience
Cloud FinOps is a growing area and whilst practitioner numbers are growing, you might not yet have that experience. If you’ve researched FinOps and believe that could be you and meet the above points; we’d love to hear from you.
For the more experienced candidates, You’ll stand out if you have these:
- Unpicking Cloud Bills (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Identifying and facilitate reducing cloud wastage opportunities in the cloud
- Experience in identifying cost efficiency opportunities and recommending cost optimization strategies
- Focus on centralised cost efficiency strategies and modelling, as well as being able to spot ‘at the edge’ opportunities for engineering teams to adopt
- Assist with elevating cloud cost awareness across all levels within the organisation, helping to cement a culture of joint accountability for best-fit cloud spend that aligns with business goals and growth
- Understanding of a cloud-based applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Experience with cost management strategies such as enterprise discount programs and commitment plans (Savings plans,Reserved Instances, Spot Instances etc)
- Exposure to FinOps practises
- Experience with 3rd party Cloud cost tooling e.g. Cloudability
- We’d love if you have –
- Worked closely with an engineering team before
- Python or Microsoft Excel scripting experience
- FinOps practitioner
- Anything in the ‘love to have’ section, if this is you, that’s great! If not, these are not show-stoppers and should not discourage you from applying if you meet the requirements in the previous section.
- Implementing Savings Plans and RI strategy, including making purchases (and recommending changes to strategy)
- Financial data modelling, cost classification, reporting, and unit costing strategies
- Cloud forecasting and budgeting activities, from the team level to across the organisation
- Create and maintain month-end and quarter-end reports.
- Proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change
- Partnering with our finance team, helping bridge the gap between finance and technology
- Maintaining documentation on FinOps practises and cost optimisation processes and tools
- Being a key contributor to the development of our FinOps roadmap and product backlog
- Identifying and remediating billing anomalies
- Assessing new-vs-current tools & tech for cost saving purposes
- Reporting; both allocating costs to teams and making that visible as well as senior stakeholder reporting
- Advising teams on where and how to be cost efficient, as well as making it easier for them to adopt improvements.
Why work at Just Eat Takeaway?
Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Our business is built on connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 23 countries – offering over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
Our platform connects customers, restaurants and couriers together to deliver the world’s greatest menu. We also provide insights, advice, and support to help grow our restaurant partners’ businesses whilst raising hygiene and sustainability standards across the takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too, all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can be their authentic self and belong. We’re passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences, you could find your place here. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.