As part of our investment into Technology, Operations and Product, Kantar is looking to recruit a Cloud FinOps specialist.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to take on a cloud financials-focused role, enabling the Kantar divisions and central services to use Cloud and deliver groundbreaking, client-driven solutions.
Cloud FinOps is a highly technical and strategic role, where you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cost management practices, developing cloud optimization and rightsizing opportunities crafting and implementing engineering models, piloting the choice of FinOps tools and processes, and feeding innovation. This person will work on the Cloud Center of Excellence [CCoE] and will have a fundamental role in the strategy implementation for Cloud while being introduced to new emerging technologies and public cloud services.
You will lead, develop, and implement the processes and capabilities required to ensure cost optimization.
This is an exciting time to join Kantar on this journey and play a pivotal role in leading innovative and impactful solutions for our clients.
- Help develop well-engineered solutions, optimized for cost, operations, performance, reliability and security.
- Develop and drive the cloud data strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud services, cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies.
- Help design target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
- Develop Reusable Patterns for application development in the public cloud to deploy and modernize applications, provide governance around adoption, and affect application development teams on roadmaps and designs.
- Leads the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry’s best processes for cloud development.
- Analyzes spending trends and opportunities for savings, and advises the Cloud Teams with specific recommendations for improvement.
- Leads in a multifaceted environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Develops short and long-range product and service strategies and plans. Coordinates the implementation of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Reviews the driven marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based on identified information.
Capabilities and Experience:
- Worked previously with Cloud providers like Azure, AWS and GCP and understands cloud costs and billing.
- Academic background related to Computer Engineering or similar areas and Finance or similar areas
- Experience with public cloud engineering, architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns and tools.
- Experience suggesting driven and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client consensus and delivering on commitments.
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best processes or suggested improvements.
- Pro-active in approach, focus on innovation and ability to learn new technologies.
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, self-motivated, well-adapted, and self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Experience in process engineering to establish new processes and improve existing processes with a metrics-driven approach.
- Experienced with cloud budget management process, cloud cost analytics and optimization.
- Established concepts of cost and cloud usage ownership.
- Collaborates well with Engineering, Applications and finance team.
- Established and driven cloud cost management processes in a larger organization.
- Experience applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS services and cloud technologies, for example, Databricks, AKS, ADF, Log Analytics, Load Balancing, Disaster recovery is a plus.