Senior Cloud FinOps Analyst
Published: 6th December 2022
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
About the job
As a Senior Cloud FinOps Analyst, you will use your unique skills to engage, support and advise internal customers on their public cloud journey. You will create reports and dashboards to inform teams on how they perform against budgets. Your strong interpersonal skills will help guide internal customers through demand management and oversight controls. Contributing to the development and iterative improvement of our processes to continue to mature the organization to success.
- Extract, transform and load data (ETL) from public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, MongoDB) into AWS S3 environment
- Create and run Tableau reports from AWS S3.
- Create monthly variance reports using Macros for client accounts to inform the teams what their solutions cost vs budget and plan on time.
- Create weekly detailed usage report in Excel and Power point.
- Create dashboard in Tableau for monthly variance and usage report.
- Be the bridge between the technical teams, understanding how our design and usage impacts costs, and making recommendations on how to continuously optimize cloud economics
- Provide data driven, analytical, approach to influencing our strategy with practical recommendations for cost optimization.
- Analyze spend trends, opportunities for savings, and offer advisory services with specific improvement recommendations.
- Help internal customers improve cloud practices such as tagging and policy governance.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Experienced working in a SaaS company
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent documentation skills and creating detailed reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal, consultative skills and facilitation skills, twinned with analytical thinking and problem solving
- Experience with Databricks, Datadog, Snowflake or SQL
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification or detailed hands-on experience
- Experience using AWS S3, Athena, Quicksight and other reporting tools.
- Experience using Tableau Creator to build reports
- Company: Kinesso
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None