American National is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to join the team! You will be instrumental in developing and implementing the organization’s cloud strategy and architecture. This role involves selecting appropriate cloud services, designing cloud environments, ensuring seamless integration with on-premise infrastructure and applications, implementing security controls, and optimizing the cloud environment for performance, cost-efficiency, and utilization.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive cloud strategy, roadmap, and architecture that aligns with the organization’s business goals and drivers. This includes selecting appropriate cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), designing cloud environments, and migrating applications, data, and workloads to the cloud.
• Define and implement cloud standards, guidelines, workflows, and best practices to ensure consistency across the organization. Lead architectural reviews in the cloud domain.
• Lead Cloud CoE from an Enterprise Architecture perspective to develop and maintain cloud framework and cloud design patterns for infrastructure, data, and applications. Provide guidance to business and IT stakeholders.
• Ensure seamless integration of cloud services with on-premise infrastructure and applications.
• Document and present cloud architectures, decisions, and strategies to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Collaborate with data and application architects to design and implement cloud-based analytics, data lake, and storage platforms to help improve Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence capabilities for the business.
• Collaborate with the security and compliance teams to ensure that the cloud environment is secure and compliant.
• Collaborate with the IT finance team to implement FinOps principles to optimize cloud costs, allocate and apportion costs accurately, and provide clear and actionable insights into cloud spending.
• Regularly review and optimize the cloud environment to ensure optimal performance, cost-efficiency, and utilization.
• Collaborate with DevOps team to modernize software development and leverage containerization to build resilient and scalable solutions in cloud.
• Evaluate and select cloud vendors, solutions, and services that align with the organization’s business goals and drivers. Collaborate with vendors to design and implement cloud solutions.
• Stay ahead of the curve on emerging technologies, vendors, and solutions to facilitate enterprise advancement.
What You Will Need to be Successful in this Role:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
• 8+ years of experience in cloud architecture, with a focus on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and GCP.
• Proven experience in integrating cloud services with on-premise infrastructure and applications.
• Strong knowledge of security controls and compliance requirements for cloud environments.
• Exceptional communication skills, capable of conveying complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
• Professional certifications like AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, or similar are advantageous.
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools and strategies
American National offers eligible employees and their families medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees also receive annually a bank of paid time off and paid holidays. We aspire to see people for what they bring to our corporate culture by supporting an inclusive work environment, including an emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, development opportunities, and a casual dress code.
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. With focus on our organization’s values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal. Learn more about our company, by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
American National is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected categories. American National is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com