Lead Cloud FinOps Analyst
Published: 26th January 2023
Closing Date: 25th March 2023
Looking for a seasoned FinOps individual to join a fast-paced and growing team of cloud engineers, architects, analysts and project managers at RGA Reinsurance. RGA is a fortune 500 company that has been repeatedly recognized as a leader in the reinsurance industry. The ideal candidate is well-versed in AWS cost optimization practices and can adapt quickly and seamlessly to a complex global organization, working across multiple internal teams to optimize cloud cost and usage.
The Lead Financial Business Analyst shapes and executes the strategy and vision for Cloud Financial Operations, ensuring proper cost management and optimization. The individual will collaborate with key stakeholders to understand consumption patterns and trends and make cost savings and right sizing recommendations. Remote
- Owns and manages end to end cost management of all RGA’s cloud infrastructure services including oversight and negotiation of vendor discount programs, savings plans, reserved instances and rate cards.
- Develops and manages to a Cost Management roadmap that drives additional cost transparency, providing stakeholders with metrics and information to enable cost effective decision making.
- Owns cost and usage analysis, trending, and forecasting, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to monitor cloud consumption trends and develops, recommends, and gains consensus with stakeholders to optimize cloud costs.
- Stays up to date on cost savings programs and strategies as well as industry trends. Gathers insights and develops new opinions and recommendations around cloud optimization and present solutions to leadership.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process to ensure proper budgeting of cloud infrastructure spend and partners with Finance in developing cost allocation methodologies.
- Partner with Procurement and Global IT to realize procurement synergies and best leverage vendor partnerships.
- Administers cloud cost management tools and creates and implements effective metrics and monitoring processes for cost data accuracy and visibility.
- Leads projects, develops detailed work plans, and coordinates resources across the organization; works with teams in an iterative and Agile framework when necessary.
- Acts as a mentor and influences the quality of work for colleagues with less experience.
- May supervise or manage four or fewer employees, and responsible for team’s performance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Preferred: Master’s degree and/or LOMA certification
- Experience with Amazon (AWS) Cloud
- Experience working with multidimensional data and deriving insights from large datasets
- Ability to work seamlessly across a large global organization
- Experience with at least one BI tool: Power BI, Looker, Tableau, Quicksight, etc.
- Advanced/Expert Excel skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and with written communication
- Comfortable presenting nuanced findings in data analytics to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Proactive approach to new technologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Specific knowledge of AWS products and cost savings programs. AWS or FinOps Certification
- Familiarity with AWS Savings programs including Savings Plans and Reserved Instances
- Familiarity with Cloud tagging strategies
- 3-5 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Data Analyst, etc.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities. Colorado residents salary: $99,205-$134,225
- Company: Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Senior
- Salary: USD $99,205-$134,225
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner