As part of the Cloud Business Office, you’ll be leading the identification of Cost Optimisation Opportunities and communicate these to the various business and technical owners. This will include but not limited to Rightsizing, Reservations, Savings Plans, Wastage Removal and technology improvements.
It will be your responsibility to share best practice of cost optimisation across the relevant stakeholders in the Group and collaborate with IT and Finance communities to influence cost saving initiatives.
As part of the initiative to building out new cloud capabilities across the group, this person will be expected to take a lead role in owning the tooling platform that drives the financial reporting and insights on our cloud platforms.
There will of course be a part to this role that involves improving standards and working practices, governance of how cloud is utilised / optimised.
During the shortlisting and selection process, we’ll be looking for a combination of the following characteristics and demonstrated skills / knowledge
· Experience of doing this lead role previously
· Experience of leading these best practicing ideally
· An understanding of insights
· A degree of confidence and comfortability with dealing with a technical audience
· AWS or Azure experience / exposure
· Preferable to have experience of Cloud management tools such as Apptio Cloudability, AWS cost explorer, Azure Cost Management.
· A demonstrated ability to persuade / influence people
· Cloud optimisation experience with be a huge plus
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.