As a Cloud Financial Operations Analyst Link Group, you will help collect and analyze data to provide financial insights critical to the success of our Infrastructure and Operations organization, with a focus on cloud. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders to promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness for Link Group’s cloud consumption. This role will provide financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting, consumption analysis including KPIs, showback, analytics and capacity.
Key Accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Support the cloud monthly budget and forecast process in managing consumption, show back, and savings in collaboration with accounting, finance, and technical owners.
- Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and budgeted forecast.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Analyse, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, data lake, CMDB, and other asset inventories as applicable.
- Collaborate with Cost Optimization Engineers to track resource utilization to define and execute relevant cloud commitment plans and to define strategies to re-purpose freed up capacity.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the cloud landscape.
- Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Participate in business case development, cost modelling, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and trade-off exercises.
- Participate in automating, integrating, and maturing the Cloud FinOps processes and data.
Governance & Risk
- Responsible for ensuring Link Group are compliance and adhere to legal and regulatory requirements when it comes to, Privacy, Operational, Data Protection and Information Security risks;
- Support Link Group assurance programs that deliver effective risk management and compliance practice;
- Ensure all server infrastructure complies with Link Group security policies and;
- Ensure audit and compliance are reviewed and complied with and take accountability for any associated corrective actions.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- At least 3 years of experience with Azure (Desired) or AWS
- Expertise with public cloud financial components/concepts, including but not limited to, cost & usage reports (CUR), reserved instances (RIs), savings plans, committed use discounts (CUDs), enterprise discount programs (EDPs), spot pricing, etc.
- Establishing and/or operating cloud cost optimisation initiatives focusing on key levers such as rightsizing, power scheduling, alternate cloud purchasing methods (RIs, savings plans, spot), decommissioning unused resources/services, etc.
- Cloud chargeback and/or showback for business units/projects
- Interrogating cloud billing/cost & usage data to create key cost insights and reports/dashboards using Microsoft Excel or business intelligence/data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Amazon Quicksight, Splunk, or Tableau
- Strong financial/data analysis and reporting skills
- Stakeholder management
- Quality assurance