- A Senior FinOps Specialist who has detailed knowledge of AWS/Azure/GCP is required to join a dedicated FinOps team to assist with the management of a large public cloud estate.
- The successful candidate will be working with:
- Application teams at every stage of the application lifecycle to improve cost /performance ratios;
- Finance & Procurement teams to help simplify complex billing data received;
- Architecture & Design teams where sharing cloud best practice and industrial experience aids key choices and long-term decision making.
- Work with application teams to educate and advise on: technology usage, specifically to ensure the most appropriate technologies are implemented; reserved instances purchased, and savings plans are considered where required.
- Collect business requirements from customers, shaping them into technical specifications, present them to the provider and development team, communicate on the release of the new features and constantly collect and share feedback.
- Look after increased adoption of cloud cost management tool by end users and set-up regular Q&A, workshops with the provider.
- Keep up to date with industry trends so that business stakeholders can be advised how to use the latest services to improve cost / performance ratios.
- Use cost management tools to clearly communicate complex analysis of cloud data in simple understandable terms for all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrable eagerness to learn the latest industrial trends and can translate how these services or technologies can improve cost / performance for our business stakeholders.
- Use reports to highlight tagging data quality to drive improvements with cost allocation and management reports.
Mandatory Skills Description:
- Cloud Platforms – Azure and/or AWS and/or GCP
- Requirements Gathering
- Cloud Optimization
- Cost Management Tools
- Understand common financial terms, key drivers, and concepts that Technology, Finance, Procurement, Accounts Payable and Receivable teams use day-to-day is essential
- FinOps Foundation certification.
- Cloud Platform certification(s), Azure, AWS and/or GCP.