- Department:Data Delivery Governance
- Schedule:Full time
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
As the Manager of Cloud Platforms Data Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of our platform components infrastructure, specifically on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will lead a team of talented operations professionals, collaborate closely with our development and security teams, and ensure the seamless functioning of our mission-critical systems. Your expertise in GCP and incident management will be instrumental in maintaining high availability, optimizing performance, and responding effectively to incidents.
- Collaborating with the development and architecture teams to ensure optimal cloud utilization and resource allocation.
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the cloud operations team.
- Communicating effectively across the organization to ensure alignment and understanding of cloud-related initiatives.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and areas for optimization, and working with cross-functional teams to address them.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cloud computing technologies and trends Automation and Scalability
- Developing and maintaining automation scripts and tools to streamline operational tasks and workflows.
- Scaling the infrastructure to accommodate growing user demands while maintaining performance and reliability.
- Planning, deploying and managing cloud infrastructure, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Team Collaborating with engineering, development, and security teams to align cloud operations with business objectives.
- Enable cost control and reporting for all cloud spend
- Enable cost-based decision making for cloud usage and better align costs with business goals
- High School diploma equivalency with 3 years of cumulative experience OR Associate’s
degree/Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of cumulative experience OR 7 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- 3 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in cloud computing operations
- 5+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) – certifications are a plus
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure management tools and technologies, including automation, configuration management, and monitoring
- In-depth understanding of cloud architecture, networking, and security best practices
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and developing high-performing teams
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.