insightsoftware is a global provider of reporting, analytics, and performance management solutions that unlock the potential of business data and transform the way finance and data teams operate. We empower leaders from over 32,000 organizations to make timely and intelligent decisions. Our comprehensive solutions span Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Controllership, and Data and Analytics. We deliver finance teams the insights required to navigate any economic climate and drive greater financial intelligence, while increasing productivity, visibility, accuracy, and compliance. Learn more at [insightsoftware.com]insightsoftware.com.
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineering Manager to lead a DevOps team responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining our class-leading suite of Enterprise Performance Management products. The chosen candidate must be a self-starter, possess great organizational skills, and have excellent communication abilities. A proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want DevOps Managers who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for development, deeply care about code quality, and be committed to continuous improvement.
• Lead a team of talented and high-impact DevOps engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership.
• Work closely with the Product teams to develop the best technical design and approach for product deployments within our AWS cloud environment.
• Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the DevOps team by defining, implementing, and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for various SaaS products.
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class DevOps team
• Build and maintain the production Infrastructure and services within AWS.
• Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve problems.
• Collaborate with management and product teams to plan, estimate, and prioritize roadmap objective.
• Drive the full adoption of ITIL practices and methodologies to enhance IT service management and incident resolution processes.
• Participate in on-call rotations for mission-critical production functions.
• Develop/maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production.
• Deploy applications in an automated fashion by creating and managing CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
• Oversee our code repository structures and branching strategy/implementation.
• Oversee the design, implementation, and management of CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and deployment frameworks.
• Collaborate with security teams to implement robust security practices and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
• Set and communicate team/individual objectives and KPI to inspire individuals to achieve high performance.
• Mentor and guide teammates with best practices of DevOps
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
• 15+ years of experience working within a DevOps environment with expertise in infrastructure-as-code and understanding of software/application development.
• 7+ years expertise in cloud platforms (AWS preferred) and Linux/Windows operating systems.
• Must have AWS Certifications.
• Experience with Hands-on design and implementation work to get projects off the ground, determine solutions and drive improvements to existing infrastructure.
• Experience with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure provisioning tools (Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, and Chef Provisioning)
• Experience with AWS, Docker containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Helm, etc.)
• Experience mentoring, coaching, and/or leading a team and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Proficient in automation using Batch, Powershell, Ruby, Python, or shell scripts.
• FinOps background is preferred, with cost and financial experience.
• Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, including CI/CD pipeline architecture and processes in addition to automation tools (Jenkins, Terraform, GitLab)
• Experience building CI/CD Pipelines
• Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket and Azure Devops.
• Strong experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence to plan, track, release, document, and support software products.
• Experience with monitoring tools, preferably DataDog for enabling monitoring for Production workloads.
• Experience with network fundamentals such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, Transit gateway, Direct Connect.
• Experience with security fundamentals such as Endpoint, Vulnerability management, Firewall, WAF, Control tower, Guardduty, Advisor, CSPM, ISO, CIS, SOX, HIPPA
• Expertise in preparing technical documentation.
• Expertise in designing HA, DR, Backup and retention architectures on cloud platforms.
• Experience in creating diagrams, solution proposal, solution design and presenting the solutions to larger audience.
• Ability to manage large Cloud infrastructure operations including Inventory management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com