Cloud Finops Lead
Published: 8th September 2022
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
Cloud FinOps Lead – Mars Global Services – Guararema, SP
The purpose of this role is to ensure we are using our cloud instances effectively, eliminating unnecessary spending, and obtaining clear visibility on our usage. Currently our cloud consumption if above 35 million dollars (USD) and this role will be key to manage and control the usage according to market best practices and through appropriate reports and forecasts.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Solid and robust experience in IT.
- Relevant experience in hands-on Microsoft Azure as architect or engineer roles.
- Relevant work experience within the cloud cost optimization landscape.
- Solid understanding of the process of tagging resources within Microsft Azure and AWS.
- User Centered Design and Agile development methodologies a plus.
- ITIL/Cobit certification is desired.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- The Cloud FinOps Lead role will handle technical and management tasks inside Cloud Business Operations team. The main activities will be in cost of Cloud Financial Management Services, chargebacks and showbacks to internal stakeholders, SLAs with Service providers, contracts, licensing, and help with cloud lifecycle and roadmap.
- Liaise with Cloud internal customers to understand demands and needs.
- Support Senior manager in the cost management, CAB (Capital), Variable (Projects) and Running.
- Charge back and show back to internal customers for resources consumption in cloud.
- Perform vendor/service management responsible for contracts, licensing, and services. Ensure that our partners are delivering within the SLAs. Work closely with the Vendor Service Manager that is responsible for our key partner in Cloud team.
- Coordinate the cloud data lifecycle from start to finish.
- Create and execute a cloud Budget, oversee the Microsoft Azure Billing Dashboard, and manage the Compute Savings Plan.
- Develop and manage a Tagging Governance Model to tag both new and pre-existing resources in cloud.
- Manage our Reserved Instances and Saving Plans.
- Devise and distribute billing reports to internal stakeholders, to achieve effective cost management
- Manage the ITIL process cross functional inside Cloud: Change Management, Event Management, Incident Management, Requests (RITMs), Problem Management.
- Support and report Projects aligned with PMO practices.
- Support new Integrations aligned with integrations manager.
- Coordinate with the Cloud delivery team, who manages anomaly monitoring on our services.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
If you’re passionate about our brands, a great strategic thinking, deliver high quality decision and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear from you.
Apply now and upload you profile in English.
- Company: Mars
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- FinOps Certifications Required: None