Job Description: Director, TBM Cloud Economics
Mastercard is a world leading payments and technology company with the aspiration to help reshape the digital economy so everyone can realize their ambitions. Technology is our product, and we pride ourselves in using the latest technologies to create secure, customer centric experiences.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, TBM Cloud Economics
The Director, TBM Cloud Economics is responsible for owning and driving the strategy and execution of Mastercard Technology FinOps Policies, Processes, and practices. This role leads the delivery of one or more Strategic Objectives from strategy definition to planning and through to execution success by (a) developing the strategy with corporate leaders and (b) leading a team of diverse Subject Matter Experts and Mastercard stakeholders. Furthermore, it is upon the Director to ensure the use of technology-based systems and processes (e.g., automation and analytics) to ensure solutions deliver efficient, secure, and effective experiences.
1/ Establish a best-in-class Technology Business Management / FinOps practice.
• Partner with team members (TBMAs, product owners and Cloud Engineers) to understand data requirements, sources, and gaps.
• Document requirements for solutions to streamline data management through automation.
• Document requirements for internal customer focused end-to-end cloud financial reporting solutions.
• Develop solutions to assist in analyzing data quality.
• Build out new reporting and modeling capabilities within the TBM Systems.
• Lead application of FinOps principles and best practice. Analyze the end-to-end repercussions of proposed process and/or solution changes & optimize cloud consumption & Costs.
• Identify and drive a continuous cycle of cloud expense management improvements.
• Share in the responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the cloud and ensure solid coverage plans for critical/time-sensitive ongoing tasks
2/ Supporting up a best-in-class transformation operating model and organization and serve as liaison across stakeholders in all
• Engaging with team members by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes, holds team members accountable, and rewards strong performance.
• Supporting the assignment of clear tasks and objectives and establishing performance indicators for monitoring results versus objectives
• Promoting development and sharing of best practices and knowledge that build on the MasterCard’s abilities to proactively address risks and priorities
• Creating and implementing the strategy, roadmap, resourcing and business cases to drive and deliver mastercard’s FinOps practice
• Supporting and driving the use of leading practices to execute complex initiatives spanning different large teams/ stakeholders and geographies
• Coordinating closely with O&T leaders to drive alignment and dependencies between different priorities
All about you
• Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
• 4+ years of progressive experience with cloud
• Experience with data manipulation tools and ETL processes, strong configuration skills.
• Strong collaboration & communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of IT Financial concepts
• Experience with the Apptio Cost Transparency and Cloudability applications or a similar solution
• Apptio R12 Development Experience desirable
• Prior experience in a corporate IT environment or Technology Business Management framework
• Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
• Ability to connect both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, cultivate entrepreneurship and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team to put people in a position to succeed
• Commitment to diversity and ethical, accountable, and transparent leadership
• Experience in the payments domain desirable
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org