Maxonic maintains a close and long-term relationship with our direct client. In support of their needs, we are looking for a Cloud FinOps Analyst – Azure.
Job Title: Cloud FinOps Analyst – Azure
Job Location: Woodland Hills in California. 100% onsite
The FinOps Analyst role is responsible for leading key initiatives to monitor and analyze the Cloud financial performance and recommend strategies to optimize financial operations for our Cloud consumption. The position’s primary responsibility will be to optimize cloud consumption costs. This will include setting up and building a Cloud FinOps (Financial Operations) governance model by working with various stakeholders to promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness across all our operations.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor the cloud monthly budget and support the forecast process in managing consumption, savings, and ROI in collaboration with finance, program management, and various technical owners.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the subscription or account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies. Track, Evaluate, and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Leads cost optimization for our public cloud.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the platform and cloud. Take ownership of automating, integrating, and maturing the FinOps processes, data capture, and reporting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their roadmap and approved budget.
- Operate across a matrixed environment, able to manage ambiguity and to reach understanding and gain commitment to act. Plan and perform process improvement initiatives.
- Support and mange all FinOps tooling used within the enterprise.
- Leads planning and execution of cloud discount programs
- Develops strategies for cloud cost optimization
- Delivers executive reports monthly on cloud cost compared to forecast, discount program status, cost optimization performance, and other key metrics
- Ensures all cloud costs are properly charged to internal teams and applications
- Assist internal customers with cloud cost forecasting for new projects
- Review architecture for new projects and advise internal customers on best practice for cost optimization
- Process owner for cloud processes related to FinOps
- Product owner for development of automation and self-service to optimize FinOps processes
- Work with IT Financial team and Accounting team for development and maintenance of standards related to cloud costs
- Participate in special interest groups for cloud financial optimization
Skillset and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Proven experience in financial analysis, process optimization, procurement, and software and Cloud expenditures management.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting using PowerBI.
- Cost management experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP preferred. Finops certification and a good understanding of Azure usage are a plus.
- Understanding Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, Microsoft Consumption Commitment, and Licensing for various Microsoft products is a plus.
- Prior Cloud engineering and Infrastrcuture-As-Code experience a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity in handling financial data and information.