This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Technical Product Manager, FinOps, role is part of the Cloud Ecosystem team in Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations. The role reports to the Cloud Governance and Business Director and is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cost management practices, developing cloud optimization and rightsizing opportunities, designing, and implementing architectural models, managing FinOps tools and processes, fostering innovation, and displaying clear interest for the detail in the numbers. This role will lead, develop, and implement the FinOps and Financial processes and capabilities required to ensure costs optimization of cloud at McDonald’s.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Drive FinOps value by helping customers in understanding their cloud spend based on their business goals and budget, create, maintain month-end and quarter-end reports.
- Lead, develop, and implement the processes, capabilities, and dashboards required to ensure cost optimization.
- Forecasting and FinOps reporting to stakeholders while setting cost optimization objectives within the Technology teams and reporting activities.
- Support the Finance teams in managing their provisional and actual budgets and in reporting per service/application.
- Perform consumption analysis to define and execute Reserved Instances and Savings Plans.
- Implement governance on cost management, forecasting, policy management, security compliance and maintaining dashboards by working closely with Cloud Engineering, Operations, and Finance teams.
- Perform and maintain standard FinOps optimization efforts such as regular resource cleanup of volumes, AMIs, snapshots, etc.
- Define and implement the KPIs necessary to track how the FinOps function is performing.
- Deep understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Plan quarterly cloud environments capacity, using projection models, to efficiently meet business demand, and partnering with various teams to ensure proper execution.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, and manner to senior stakeholders.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- A love of data and driving business outcomes with it
- Knowledge of the core Finance principles and basic understanding of the corporate accounting process (forecast, invoicing, chargeback, accruals…etc)
- At least 3 years as a Cloud Financial Analyst with deep experience in AWS and Azure billing.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Financial Management with hands-on experience of Azure native and 3rd party cost management tools
- Knowledge of financial principles, business analytics, technology controls & governance processes
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements
- Lead and drive tagging requirements to ensure proper tracking and reporting of data.
- Understand and communicate billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices.
- FinOps Certified Practitioner from FinOps Foundation while willingness to achieve FinOps Certified Professional from FinOps Foundation during
- Experience building BI dashboards (Quicksight, Looker, Domo, Tableau, etc.)
- 6+ years of product execution / technical business analyst experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years relevant experience and a Master’s degree.
- Experience communicating and presenting financials at the executive level with distilled summaries, self-explanatory graphs, and summary asynchronous emails.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.