- Cost out data, software and AI purchases in the cloud and on premises to support the Data, AI, software and automation roadmaps.
- Develop, manage and optimize cost models.
- Analyze cost data and trends and provide regular reporting.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and technology substitutes.
- Optimize technology purchase- identify cost drivers, track trends, identify opportunities for cost savings, and suggest innovative costing models.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that costs are aligned with business goals.
- Prepare budget, forecasts and track spending.
- Bachelors with 3-5 years experience or Masters with 2-3 years exp.
- 3+ years of experience in cost analysis in both cloud and on-premises technologies. Background in finance, computer science, sourcing & procurement, or related field
- Experience in 1 of the following cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in 1 of the following (Tableau, Power Bi, Looker) in reporting.
- Strong understanding of cloud services and platforms, Saas, PaaS, IaaS. Ideal candidate will know how to right-size a tech stack and understand regional settings/zonal settings/ and compute/ storage instance machine cost options.
- The ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data which is essential for costing out cloud costs. This includes understanding how to use cloud billing data to identify cost drivers, track trends, and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Demonstrative skills in budgeting , cost allocation, operational P&L management.
- Able to think critically and creatively, and to come up with solutions that meet business needs while minimizing costs
- Good understanding of data and AI technologies and the technical landscape with the ability to recommend products and substitute products.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences is essential for costing out cloud costs. This includes being able to explain complex technical concepts concisely, and work with stakeholders to get buy-in for cost-saving initiatives.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed (approximately 10%)
In addition to these skills, ideally the analyst should also be familiar with the following:
- Technology product and service reviews
- Technology pricing models
- Technology vendor selection criteria
- Technology procurement best practices
Career Level: P4