We are looking for a technology costing analyst to join our team at Medical-Surgical. This role will be responsible for costing out technology purchases in the cloud and on premises, as well as developing and managing cost models. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data and AI technologies, as well as experience in cost analysis and tracking for data products.
- Cost out data, software and AI purchases in the cloud and on premises to support the Data, AI, software and automation roadmaps.
- Develop, manage and optimize cost models.
- Analyze cost data and trends and provide regular reporting.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and technology substitutes.
- Optimize technology purchase- identify cost drivers, track trends, identify opportunities for cost savings, and suggest innovative costing models.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that costs are aligned with business goals.
- Prepare budget, forecasts and track spending.
- Bachelors with 3-5 years experience or Masters with 2-3 years exp.
- 3+ years of experience in cost analysis in both cloud and on-premises technologies. Background in finance, computer science, sourcing & procurement, or related field
- Experience in 1 of the following cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in 1 of the following (Tableau, Power Bi, Looker) in reporting.
- Strong understanding of cloud services and platforms, Saas, PaaS, IaaS. Ideal candidate will know how to right-size a tech stack and understand regional settings/zonal settings/ and compute/ storage instance machine cost options.
- The ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data which is essential for costing out cloud costs. This includes understanding how to use cloud billing data to identify cost drivers, track trends, and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Demonstrative skills in budgeting , cost allocation, operational P&L management.
- Able to think critically and creatively, and to come up with solutions that meet business needs while minimizing costs
- Good understanding of data and AI technologies and the technical landscape with the ability to recommend products and substitute products.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences is essential for costing out cloud costs. This includes being able to explain complex technical concepts concisely, and work with stakeholders to get buy-in for cost-saving initiatives.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed (approximately 10%)
In addition to these skills, technology buyers should also be familiar with the following:
- Technology product and service reviews
- Technology pricing models
- Technology vendor selection criteria
- Technology procurement best practices
Career Level: P4At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.Our Base Pay
Range for this position
$91,300 – $152,100