FinOps Analyst (Cloud Economist)
Published: 23rd September 2022
Closing Date: 1st January 2023
A Glasgow based client is looking for a FinOps Analyst/Cloud Economist to become a founding member of our team Our client is transforming it’s approach to new technology adoption. We are building a global Cloud Centre of Excellence to accelerate and optimise our use of cloud services. This role is hybrid working position based in Glasgow.
- As a passionate cloud advocate, you will use your financial and technical expertise to develop and establish global best practices in cost and vendor management to ensure that our client achieves the best possible value from public cloud.
- You will advise on approaches to improve all aspects of cost management, from tagging of resources through to the use of cloud native technologies and licence optimisation.
- You will be a key member of the team designing cloud platforms that are fit-for-purpose, aligning with industry best practices and our client’s Digital Strategy.
- 2+ yrs experience in cloud cost visibility, cloud cost optimisation and cloud cost management preferably within Azure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft volume licensing, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Able to work in teams remotely in a global context
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
- Experience of managing and developing productive working relationships with vendors
- Working towards or achieved FinOps certification
- Experience of using PowerBI to interrogate data and create business insights
- Experience of Enterprise Architecture and Service Management frameworks
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All suitable candidates will be contacted to arrange a video or in-person meeting.
- Company: McNally Recruitment Ltd
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- Salary: £75,000
- FinOps Certifications Required: None