This role works for the Technology COO function, which has a focus on the management, efficiency, strategic planning and operational resilience of the Technology function as a whole.The ITFM Lead is responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of our Technology Services Catalogue and Services Cost Allocation model, including Apptio Cost Transparency and IT Planning implementations. These solutions drive Technology cost transparency and provide insights to support the effective management of costs, strategic decision making and budgeting & forecasting. We are looking for someone with strategic ability who has managed significant Apptio implementations and can manage a small regionally distributed team focused on providing IT cost transparency and financial insights.The role includes
- Working with and through Finance to continue to develop a cost allocation model for Technology which empowers the business community to make decisions about the level of “run” spend they want to commit to (the TCO model).
- Help drive cost ownership responsibility into the Technology organisation, and provide tooling via IT Planning to ensure detailed budgets are understood and managed effectively.
- Build an allocation process that takes each element of Technology spend and allocates it to a business unit, allocating to business units two types of cost: those they can influence and those they cannot influence.
- For costs they can influence, ensure each business understands the drivers for the cost and is empowered to decide the level of spend they want to incur.
- For costs which they cannot influence, make sure Technology has the right allocation model to fairly allocate the cost between business units and has the understanding to know how to continually optimise costs.
Cost Transparency & Allocation
- Lead and develop the Apptio and TBM strategy & roadmap including governance model and operational processes.
- Maintain, design and improve the Apptio installation to expected quality and timeliness standards.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Apptio model, its configuration and M&G’s cost allocation processes. Work closely with technology and business teams (as well as Finance) to identify and facilitate ongoing data model maintenance and improvement.
- Identify and report in a timely manner any implications of proposed changes to Apptio or consumption methodologies.
- Drive insights from financial data and drive the Total Cost of Ownership agenda for the Technology function.
- Support cost transformation initiatives including rationalization of applications in conjunction with other Technology towers and Enterprise Architecture.
- Keep abreast of developments in TBM and provide specialist knowledge to Technology stakeholders on TBM and industry methods and standards. Be recognised as the TBM expert in the Technology function.
- Maintain automation feeds between planning, cost allocation, ServiceNow and analytics applications as required. Design and maintain such solutions as required.
Financial Planning & Cross-Technology Support
- Support the implementation of the Apptio IT Planning module including promoting best practices on budgeting & forecasting, financial controls and FinOps processes across the Technology function.
- Support additional ad hoc operational processes including the preparation of presentation materials for Technology Leaders, Business Managers and Service Owners.
- Drive discussions with data owners and Technology stakeholders, particularly Service Owners, on technology allocations and adjustments and execute changes within Apptio’s data model.
- Develop use cases, provide reports, data and technical support to all Apptio users.
- Provide support and data to Technology areas and Finance in support of TCO and benchmarking initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the financial management systems and processes utilised by Enterprise IT.
- About you
- Experience of working in IT financial management or an equivalent discipline (required).
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Technology Business Management standards and methods and an understanding of related activities and functions.
- An established level of expertise in TBM gained through practical experience and/or formal training.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and appreciation of key regulatory requirements together with an understanding of business processes (desirable).
- Aptitude for and inclination towards systems and process design/build and awareness of Technology industries and market places.
- Good financial analysis skills, including budgeting & forecasting, managing & communicating variances.
- Ability to explain financial information to colleagues and where necessary convey details effectively through verbal, written and pictorial communication.
- Ability to identity and prioritise the important issues when analysing complex data.
- Shows a desire to take the initiative and moving issues forward with clarity. Demonstrates an ability to think ‘outside the box’ while defining solutions in a workable form.
- Awareness/knowledge of financial management systems and processes.
- Excellent communication and team working skills, comfortable working with executive management levels
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.