The Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer II role is responsible for leading a key initiative to monitor and analyze the financial performance and recommend strategies to optimize operations. The primary responsibility of the position will be to setup, strategize and build a FinOps (Financial Operations) governance model working with a wide range of stakeholders to promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness across all our cloud operations. Ensure compliance with financial regulations and requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the cloud monthly budget and support the forecast process in managing consumption, savings, and ROI in collaboration with finance, program management and technical owners
- Collaborate with stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and approved budget. Develop and maintain relationships with diverse technology and project teams spanning all organizational levels to effectively gain trust and buy-in.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the subscription or account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies Track, Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape. Take ownership of automating, integrating, and maturing the Cloud FinOps team’s processes, data capture and reporting.
- Drive and participate in business case development, cost modeling, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and trade-off exercises
- Perform all other job related duties as requested
- Seven (7) + years of relevant experience in publice cloud environment with a large enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field; or equivalent experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Finops certified Practitioner or ability to attain within 4 months