About The Position
This is a permanent role at our new Engineering hub in Bangalore, India. The team is based within our Global Technical Operations department.
The role itself consists of a mixture of different skillsets, varying in degree, and requires strong communication skills, an analytical mindset and critical thinking. It also requires the candidate to be a strong team-player.
The candidate does not necessarily need to fulfill all technical requirements, however they must be willing to learn them, up to a certain degree.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of data and capacity planning professionals that use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into operational business performance.
- Monitor and report on key financial metrics, including budget vs. actuals, forecast accuracy, and return on investment.
- Advance the implementation of the FinOps framework.
- Active participation in Financial Operations committee meetings to help determine prioritization, business impact, mitigate risks, and represent progress.
- Suggest area and methods of improving operations by tracking Cost to Serve metrics and cost forecast.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and finance departments to ensure business goals and requirements are fully understood.
- Provide insight and recommendations to management for decision making and strategic planning to improve customer profitability.
- Provide insights to Engineering operations through operational dashboards.
You will be working together with a team of experienced capacity planning and data professionals to help Mimecast understand, monitor, control, and forecast the operational costs of public cloud services.
As such you will need to be familiar with a wide variety of public cloud services, software architecture principles and data techniques and tooling.
What You’ll Bring;
- Has worked directly with software development and technical resources.
- Practical experience within the FinOps framework:
- Understanding of cloud providers, platforms and configurations and familiarity with workload usage/consumption patterns on cloud.
- Good understanding of billing on cloud platforms (incl. impact of usage patterns on TCO).
- Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, financial reporting, and workflow management in a large service operations environment.
- Ability to develop effective reporting schemes/metrics to maintain strong control on usage and billing of cloud services.
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (across IT, finance, business functions) and proactively identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Ability to identify opportunities during architecture review to further reduce cloud costs.
- Ability to support agile decision making across multiple cloud services, with short-cycle analytics and problem solving.
- Previous experience working in an analytics role or with an analytics team:
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (preferably PowerBI).
- Experience working with relational and non-relational database systems.
- Experience working with public APIs / creating API endpoints for others to consume.
- Investigative mindset.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python.
- Experienced with data architecture, data models and analysis.
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning concepts.
- Project Management specific certifications.
- Experience in implementing projects in a SaaS or PaaS organization.
- Working knowledge of lean product development methodology.