This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Public Cloud FinOps Manager
- If you’re ready for a new challenge, we think you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join our Public Cloud team
- You’ll be using modern FinOps practices and tools to develop solutions that deliver cost understanding and optimisations, enable internal recharge, and drive greater adoption of Public Cloud services
- With continuous investments in our Public Cloud capability backed by strong executive support, you’ll be encouraged to grow your skillset, share best practice, and pursue the certifications you need to achieve your potential
- Expect to gain unique experience that will bring a competitive edge to your career profile, as you help us extend the power and intelligence of the cloud to the brink of possibility for millions of people, families and businesses across the UK
What you’ll do
It’s an exciting time to work in Cloud Technology at NatWest Group.
With our cloud-based transformation well underway, our engineers are using modern engineering practices to explore the full potential of the cloud. And as our focus moves from what goes on behind the scenes to what our customers can see, our engineers are reimagining tomorrow’s banking experience and developing innovative products and experiences for our customers, today.
This is where your fun begins as our new FinOps Lead. With our customers at the heart of your approach, we want you to work at the leading edge of technological transformation to explore efficiency and cost optimisation opportunities, meddle with the status quo, and approach failure as a building block of innovation to solve complex issues rapidly and iteratively for our customers.
Day to day, we want you to:
- Collaborate with our customers, vendors and other technical teams to evolve our FinOps strategy across the bank
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer stakeholders to onboard them onto the FinOps tools and processes, and establish a FinOps community across the bank
- Engineer and develop FinOps tooling to provide stakeholders with real time insights in their Public Cloud consumption
- Partner with our Public Cloud Engineering and Finance teams to identify and drive cost optimisation across the AWS, GCP and Azure platforms
- Collaborate with stakeholders to accurately attribute Public Cloud costs to owning business functions, enabling them to develop greater cost understanding and forecasts
- Partner with Finance to develop and maintain forecasting models to provide required insight into current and future Public Cloud spend
- Use market insights to introduce innovative ideas and drive the delivery of these through to realise business benefits
- Coach and mentor other FinOps Analysts and collaborate on developmental activities
The skills you’ll need
We’re a diverse team with broad skillsets, a passion for learning, and an unwavering customer focus. If this resonates with you and you share any of the skills below, there’s a place for you on our journey to the future of banking.
Your technical skillset might include:
- Working knowledge of Public Cloud pricing models for AWS, Azure and GCP, and optimisation solutions such as Savings Plans
- Practical experience of FinOps tools, ideally Apptio Cloudability
- A good understanding of FinOps principles, and cost chargeback
- Experience of building and maturing FinOps within an enterprise organisation
- Some knowledge of forecasts and financial or accounting principles
- FinOps Certified Cloud Practitioner certification
And you’ll bring this all together with your:
- Great collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Capacity to focus on the customer and empathise with them
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to different audiences
- Experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies
- Drive to make sure that solutions have security considered from the outset