The Cloud FinOps Analyst ensures efforts are in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions, and services to simplify people’s lives. The Cloud FinOps Analyst is responsible for leading the development of guidelines and standards to optimize costs and spend in the cloud. The Cloud FinOps Analyst will perform cost modeling, financial oversight, and management of cloud operating budgets, and lead financial tracking and monitoring of cloud usage.
Is this you? Find out more below!
How do I make an impact on my team?
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication
- Define Reserve Instance, On-demand, and Spot instance strategy and guidelines
- Define tagging guidelines to ensure appropriate categorization of costs
- Define requirements for alerting when costs are higher than expected within a billing cycle
- Define costing model, including Cloud infrastructure cost, people, and training costs for Cloud Foundations team
- Assess the comparative costs of running applications on the cloud
- Present business reviews to senior management team regarding process and roadblocks on TCO topics
- Report to business applications owners on Cloud services consumption costs that will be charged back to the respective line of business/cost center
- Forecast Cloud costs to business application owners to support budgeting process
- Develop and administer reporting and tracking system for all TCO/economic related activities
- Guides application teams in their journey to the cloud, enable understanding of financial impacts and capabilities
What our team expects from you?
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience required and/or a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Cloud platforms
- Experience with cost optimization practices in the cloud
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting at an enterprise level
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle and best practices
- Previous experience with requirements gathering, analysis, application design and testing
- Experience with reporting tools and dashboards
- Participate in, adhere to, and support compliance program objectives
- The ability to consistently interact cooperatively and respectfully with other employees
What can you expect from Navitus?
- Hours/Location: Monday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm CST, Remote
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Educational Assistance Plan and Professional Membership assistance
- Referral Bonus Program – up to $750!
- Top of the industry benefits for Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off, Eight paid holidays, 401K, Short-term and Long-term disability, College Savings Plan, Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance Program, and Employee Assistance Program