Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Services, the Principal FinOps Lead will drive the optimization of Cloud spending for NCR Atleos. The ideal candidate has a passion for analyzing Cloud reports and recommendations to work with Engineering teams to drive improvements to optimize Cloud expenses.
Responsibilities for Executive Director of Cloud Networking
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to provide data insights and business intelligence as it relates to internal cloud spend
- Drive decisions to purchase Reserved Instances, Optimize Deployment Footprints, Delete unused disks, and turn machines off when not in use
- Continuously monitor and analyze cloud expense data to identify new opportunities for optimization.
- Analyze Cloud consumption data to identify wasteful spend and provide actionable insights to attribute, control, and optimize spend
- Leverage visualization and mapping tools such as Looker, Excel and other data analytics tools to conduct analysis, produce charts/graphs and support internal engagements
- Work with engineers to drive recommendations to optimize cloud spending.
- Engage with the business to track, manage and forecast cloud spending across their business
- Participate in planning discussions and project reviews with key stakeholders to align on new projects and ensure alignment on all aspects of cloud infrastructure expense planning
- Develop cost unit economics across our cloud spend and develop processes to enable accurate hosting gross margin analysis.
Desired Skills for Executive Director of Cloud Networking
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Looker) and the ability to analyze complex data sets, identify patterns, and draw actionable insights.
- Ability to create, document, and communicate financial analysis and cost optimization recommendations for cloud services with both technology and finance teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in FinOps, data analytics, data science, or related fields
- Fair knowledge of SaaS/Cloud business models
- Experience with at least one of the Public Clouds: Azure, GCP, OCI or AWS
- Possess a current Cloud FinOps certification
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation