Requisition ID: 67810
Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
This role will be responsible for the execution of the Cloud chargeback process, cost anomaly and variance detection and budget forecasting. The FinOps Analyst will need to work closely with multiple business units to provide an accurate breakdown of cloud spend and collect payment information.
- Process monthly cloud hosting fees and credits
- Accurately submit cloud monthly estimates and chargebacks to Business Units
- Provide detailed reporting of cloud spend by application cost category
- Identify cloud cost anomalies, understand the cause, and remediate cost spikes in the future
- Create and understand customized financial spreadsheets, budgets, and forecasting
- Ability to process large quantities of information
- Monitor spending to ensure it remains within budget
- Organize budget and forecast data in a clear and intuitive manner.
- Participate in the creation of cost guardrails, FinOps processes, and procedures
- General understanding of IT infrastructure and cloud technology
- Familiar with AWS Billing, Cost Explorer, Budgets, and Cost Anomaly
- General knowledge of AWS Services.
This job analyzes business processes and practices and identifies technology opportunities. Employees in this job design and implement information technology solutions to meet customer needs and business goals and strategies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a strong familiarity with business processes that are in their area of business focus
- Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with users of business, financial and operations systems, as well as technical team members
- Applies analytical skills within functional area to decompose work into manageable value-based units
- Responds to requests, identifies conflicts, and makes recommendations where needed
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
- Uses knowledge of business processes to identify interdependencies and functional gaps
- Builds strong working understanding of the technical solution being delivered and analyzes and determines failure points in the solution
- Contributes to the application testing process (directly or to support end users)
- Creates and updates documentation, as appropriate, for selected project framework
- Maintains a familiarity with market trends in technology
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 0+ years