Currently, we are looking for a FinOps Advisor for our team in Poland, Germany, Austria, the UK, the Netherlands, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
In this role, you will partner with governance teams in cloud security and infrastructure engineering, both internally (at Nordcloud) and externally (at the Customer) and you will collaborate with hyperscalers to build and maintain strategic relationships.
Your daily responsibilities
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the CxOs in the customer organization
- Supporting our customers in defining their cloud strategy, while analyzing and adjusting their FinOps-related cloud governance processes accordingly
- Evangelizing the cloud operating model, advising on the procurement process and consumption methods (e.g. contracting, OPEX vs CAPEX)
- Building and maintaining cloud usage visibility, providing summaries and detailed usage statistics
- Working closely with financial and billing teams on budgets, forecasts, show backs, and chargebacks
- Leveraging FinOps best practices
- Creating operational metrics and introducing KPIs to support and validate recommendations
- Creating and maintaining external (customer) and internal (Nordcloud) documentation on adopted FinOps and cost optimization processes, sharing best practices and lessons learned
Your key skills:
- Several years of professional experience in a similar role, ideally with another consultancy company; knowledge of FinOps practices
- Experience in business process optimization, ability to quantify the monetary impacts of bottlenecks, and recommended changes
- Experience in reporting, forecasting, and communicating costs related to technology
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware)
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights
- Understanding of billing and metering for cloud platforms, including the impact of usage patterns on the total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Fluent communication skills in English
We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We value your growth potential and enthusiasm!
What do we offer in return?
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications
- Flexible working hours and hybrid/remote working model
- Laptop and equipment of your choice
- Local package vary from country to country, better talk to our recruiters to find out more about what is offered in the chosen location