Sr. Cloud Economist Australia-New Zealand Location: Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra)
About The Role
The Cloud Economist role for Australia-New Zealand is a senior individual contributor position that engages with our most strategic customers in the field.The Cloud Economist team serves as a financial selling resource to our account teams focused on driving large deals with our existing customers and targeted prospect accounts, as well as engaging on business value analysis and presentation of the financial value Nutanix solutions can bring to customers.This role will have responsibility for delivering on large deal targets, business value presentations, TCO and ROI analysis, and supporting customer executive engagement on financial topics and purchasing frameworks for our Australia-New Zealand (ANZ) region.You will be the go to resource in the region for subscription selling best practices, understanding and delivering on Sales Program initiatives, and articulating the business value of the Nutanix Cloud Platform with customers.Though an individual contributor role, you will be in a leadership position within the regional sales leadership team. You are expected to execute with consistency and precision while delivering on annual contribution targets for the region.As an individual, you will execute on customer engagements of your own and develop strategies for your team that address the unique needs of their customers. You will also represent the ANZ region when it comes to shaping global policy and programs to address localized sales obstacles and challenges.This position reports directly to the Director – Cloud Economist team.
- Partner with Nutanix sales leadership to identify target customers and prospects that are best suited for Enterprise Agreements, Financial Value Selling, and custom procurement models.
- Deliver on annual OKRs for # of Cloud Economist engagements, win rates, and bookings contribution. Ensure proper return on investment from the role.
- Responsible for developing and executing large deal strategies within the ANZ region.
- Collaborate and work with others on the global Cloud Economist team to evolve best practices and adapt to your specific opportunities.
- Serve as an expert on subscription and financial selling within the theater.
- Partner closely with deal desk on deal construct, pricing policy, and commercial terms used within ANZ region. Remain proficient in executing within policy in the field.
- Provide leadership and framework for business value discussions with customers and prospects consisting of TCO analysis and ROI calculation of Nutanix Cloud Platform as compared to public cloud and other alternatives.
- Provide enablement to sales teams on how to best leverage Nutanix purchasing frameworks, licensing transitions, and sales programs.
- Demonstrate Nutanix’s values of Hungry, Humble, Honest and with Heart with your team, the broader organization, and our customers.
- Ensure your Cloud Economist engagement data is up to date in Salesforce and other tracking tools.
- Provide reporting on your engagements, expected deal size and timing, and forecast for team contribution.
- Design and communicate strategies for creating pipeline for large deals and a consistent process for customer engagement through the sales cycle.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in technology sales or consulting, subscription selling a plus.
- Extensive experience in ANZ region with demonstrated success positioning and winning large deals.
- Experience with Customer Executive level engagement and discussion
- Demonstrated financial modeling capabilities in an IT Context (examples: ROI analysis, TCO Analysis, Cloud Costing, Financial Solutions for IT, Technology Business Management, FinOps, Financial Analyst roles)
- Knowledge of financial budgeting practices, capital vs. operating expense, financing, and software purchasing frameworks.
- Experience with general financial analysis principles such as Discounted Cash Flow, Net Present Value, ROI.
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams, leveraging company resources to drive sales and solve customer challenges.
- Comfortable in a self-directed role with autonomy to build your brand while still conforming to goals and objectives of the team.
- Strong communication, time management, problem-solving skills.
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or equivalent.
- A Master of Science Degree or MBA is preferred.
- Fluent English language skills are required for this position.