ONE is seeking a highly motivated and experienced FinOps professional to join our rapidly growing organization. As a part of the ONE team, you will be the central stakeholder in building and running a FinOps practice. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure optimal cloud financial controls and cost optimization, driving efficiency and accountability in cloud usage/spend. This is a cross-functional and strategic role that requires collaboration with leaders and stakeholders across the technology organization and the business to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to the delivery of FinOps cost management. Essential duties will include cloud budget and cost management with various applications and stakeholders. Present progress and cost savings key results to senior executives, highlight risks and decisions on Cloud FinOps and drive efficiencies in cloud consumption.
This individual will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders across the engineering and finance organizations to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to the delivery of FinOps cost management. Essential duties will include cloud budget and cost management with various applications and stakeholders, as well as program managing savings-driven changes. This role is a direct report to our Procurement and Partnerships Lead.
This role is responsible for:
- Updating, advising and collaborating with senior and executive leadership regarding the ongoing alignment of the FinOps portfolio to the business and technology strategy
- Working cross-functionally to devise a reporting and chargeback model for cloud costs
- Recommending and tracking cost optimization opportunities
- Providing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of cloud consumption metrics with recommendations to drive savings and efficiencies
- Accountable for meeting savings goals set by senior leadership
- Working directly with our Operations, Finance, Legal, IT, and InfoSec teams to assess all new vendor requests
- Supporting the evaluation, negotiation, and execution of third-party contracts with the business and financial interests of the organization in mind
- Serving as the primary point of contact for cloud infrastructure vendors on all contractual matters and acting as the escalation point for all employees when communicating with vendor sales reps
- Supporting the timely review and approval of procurement requests, making sure there is alignment across all key stakeholders, including company C-suite
- Tracking and reporting on contractual commitments for our major vendors during recurring vendor reviews with key stakeholders
- Providing recommendations on deal structure and often negotiating directly with vendors and employees until consensus has been reached
- Supporting procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/technology.
- 10+ years of industry experience in technology/technology finance management.
- Technical background with an understanding of cloud and cloud costs.
- Experience implementing cost optimization measures for cloud spend. Experience with rightsizing, reserved instances, and autoscaling infrastructure as cost management levers.
- Ability to convert Financial reports into technical executable actions and track them.
- Analytical and technical prowess. Proven ability to collect, organize, and analyze large financial and operational data sets. Advanced skills in SQL and Excel.
- Strong team player with project management skills who can work well with both Engineering and non-engineering groups in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good facilitation and influencing skills.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or FinOps Practitioner Certification desired.
- Experience with relational databases, data extraction, data analysis, and cloud cost management tools.
- Understanding of industry best practices related to Cloud resource tagging and tagging enforcement through automation.
- An act-like-an-owner mentality. We have a bias toward taking action.
- Strong negotiation skills. You never accept the first offer and understand the art of finding mutually beneficial solutions.
- Previous experience with procurement and/or vendor management responsibilities or related experience.
- Understanding of legal terminology, contract structures, and commercial terms.
- Familiarity with creating a business case and risk/reward analysis.